This year’s digital edition of Microsoft Build has now wrapped up, but don’t worry if you missed it! The high-quality sessions and keynotes from across the two days are available to watch on-demand from the Microsoft Build website.
With hundreds of sessions to choose from on a variety of different topics, it might be hard to know where to start. We’ve broken the talks down into five categories, each showcasing a selection of sessions that might just be what you’re looking for.
AI and Innovation
Microsoft has made tremendous AI advancements from our global research and data scientist teams. These AI innovations have enabled Microsoft to produced products to empower businesses, developers, and data scientists to build and deploy models faster. Using Cognitive Services, developers can easily apply Microsoft pre-trained AI models in their own applications. They can implement vision, speech, language, search, and decision-making functionality without requiring machine-learning expertise.
Are the bots taking over?
Can bots replace humans in customer service and online help? When is the right time to pass that conversation to a real person? Join our Table Topic to discuss the push for bots, and the tools for building them and to transition conversation from bots to humans. This is a topical discussion especially for helpdesk staff straining to scale as they quickly shifted to remote work. Unmute yourself, turn your camera on – No presentations here! Be prepared for chat and a fun interactive discussion!
You can watch this session for free on the Build website. For more on AI and Innovation from Microsoft Build 2021, why not try one of these sessions:
- Building bots with .NET: your burning questions answered
- Build intelligent applications infused with world-class AI
- Fact or Fiction? Explore real-world scenarios with AI
- From coding to the stars: astronaut Stanley G. Love’s journey
- Talking Industry Trends in AI for Computer Vision Applications
Azure is a complete cloud platform that can host your existing applications and streamline new application development. Azure can even enhance on-premises applications. Azure integrates the cloud services that you need to develop, test, deploy, and manage your applications, all while taking advantage of the efficiencies of cloud computing.
Harness the power of data in your applications with Azure
When it comes to empowering all developers to build intelligent applications that harness the power of data, Azure has their back. Join Rohan Kumar, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data, as he demonstrates the latest innovations in Azure’s database services. Learn how Azure’s databases offer limitless scale, choice and possibilities and see why it is easier and more cost-effective for developers to innovate in Azure than ever before.
You can watch this session for free on the Build website. For more on Azure from Microsoft Build 2021, why not try one of these sessions:
- Application Development with Scott Hanselman & Friends
- Build cloud-native applications that run anywhere
- Build consistent hybrid and multicloud applications with Azure Arc
- Modernize applications using containers
- Run Open Source Applications your way with Microsoft Azure
A modern workplace provides the collaborative, intelligent, and secure experiences required by today’s fast-paced organisations concerned with recruiting the best talent and staying ahead of security threats, Microsoft can help you solve your business challenges.
Build the next generation of collaborative apps for hybrid work
Hybrid work is here to stay and driving better collaboration is top of mind for everyone. The needs of the hybrid worker are centred around collaborating with colleagues and reimaging business processes and require a new class of collaborative apps to help get work done. Join us to hear the latest on Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Graph, and Windows and how you can use these new tools and surfaces to build the next generation of productivity and collaboration experiences for hybrid work.
You can watch this session for free on the Build website. For more on Modern Work from Microsoft Build 2021, why not try one of these sessions:
- Core tools for a dev career: an introduction to Visual Studio Code and GitHub
- Get started with popular programming languages: Intro to Python and C#
- Hear how you can use feature flags at scale to ship faster, reduce risk, and reclaim your nights and weekends
- Learn how to build exciting apps across meetings, chats, and channels within or outside Microsoft Teams
Modern businesses run on data. Users interact with data daily from entering their time for payroll, seeking guidance on existing processes, and analysing data to make decisions. Microsoft Power Platform enables your business to craft solutions while empowering you to unite customized technology to help everyone, from the CEO to the front-line workers, drive the business with data.
Building Low Code Vertical Apps using the Power Platform
Software as a Service is the new, dominant delivery model for new applications, especially as remote work has increased. This model can, and has been, effective across many industries including financial services, retail, and more. This session will cover how low code + SaaS on the Microsoft Cloud can help improve the customer experience across a wide range of industries, all using the Microsoft Cloud.
You can watch this session for free on the Build website. For more on Power Platform from Microsoft Build 2021, why not try one of these sessions:
- Ask the Experts: Building Low Code Vertical Apps using the Power Platform
- Fusion Development 101: Professional Developer Essentials
- Power Fx: the Programming Language for Low Code and what it means for Developers
- Power Platform is the best way for teams to build together
Security is a small word for a significant concept. There are so many factors to consider in order to protect your applications and your data. How does Microsoft help you protect workloads that you run in the cloud and in your on-premises datacentres?
Build, integrate and accelerate Multi-cloud Compliance
Our customers and partners want to be able to extend Compliance value beyond Microsoft. Microsoft provides broad set of built-in compliance capabilities to protect and govern data as well as intelligently manage risk and compliance. A key ask from our partners and customers is for APIs to integrate Microsoft Compliance solutions with applications and services that are part of their broader security, compliance, identity and operations ecosystems. Join this session to learn all about Compliance APIs and extensibility capabilities that enable multi-cloud compliance!
You can watch this session for free on the Build website. For more on Security from Microsoft Build 2021, why not try one of these sessions:
- Application Authentication in the Microsoft Identity platform
- Build Zero Trust ready applications starting with the Microsoft identity platform
- Broadening Confidential Computing Support across Azure
- Build Secured IoT Solutions for Azure Sphere with IoT Hub
- Down with sign-ups, just sign-in!