How far do you think your career can take you? I believe it can take you anywhere, and yet I’m the first one to be surprised at the heights we can achieve. As far as I’m concerned space is the limit, or as we geeks like to be reminded… the final frontier.
I’ve been working lately on 2 projects with Azure Orbital, one of which has been featured online:
- Cloud ‘data bursts’ from space move astronauts closer to Mars — and improve life on Earth
- Genomics testing on the ISS with HPE Spaceborne Computer-2 and Azure
Some of the challenges on these project involve storing and transferring large amounts of data from space to earth ground stations.
On both these projects, networking, security, deployment skills and more are crucial for the success of the project and therefore we (as a community) need to ensure we are ready for new adventures while leveraging the skills we already possess. However, it never hurts to learn new ways. To that effect, there are many learning opportunities for you to take advantage of:
- Architect network infrastructure in Azure
- Secure network connectivity on Azure
- Azure Fundamentals part 4: Describe general security and network security features
Technology is evolving, and our skills are crucial to the success of our enterprises. We owe it to ourselves to be prepared and ready.
- This article was written for the Monthly TechNet UK IT Pro Newsletter – sign up today!
- Introduction to Azure fundamentals
- Plan and manage your Azure costs
- How Azure Backup Center deals with constant change