Quantum computing presents unprecedented possibilities to solve society’s most complex challenges. Microsoft is committed to responsibly turning these possibilities into reality – for the betterment of humanity and the planet.
Over decades of research and development, Microsoft has achieved advancements across every layer of the quantum stack – including software, applications, devices, and controls – and is delivering true impact today through quantum-inspired classical computing.
Getting started with Q#
Bring quantum apps to life with the quantum development kit for the Q# quantum programming language and Azure Quantum. In this open-source kit, you’ll find tools to formulate and run optimization problems on large-scale or hardware-accelerated Azure compute resources, as well as for developing durable quantum applications for quantum hardware.
- Check out the Quantum Development Kit
- Watch the Azure Quantum Developer Workshop
- Read up on Azure Quantum documentation
Try out the Azure Quantum Preview
When developing on Azure Quantum, you accelerate your development lifecycle by building your quantum solution once and running it on multiple systems with little to no change. Azure Quantum is your best path to leverage the latest optimisation technologies from Microsoft and our Partners, as you seek long term cost-saving solutions.
With Azure Quantum and its quantum development kit, what could be a heterogenous hardware and software set of solutions is unified. Your development investments are protected in a rapidly evolving technological landscape, and these hardware and software innovations are brought to you with minimal to no change to your code base.
Trying out the Azure Quantum preview is free, so give it a whirl today.
- Try out the Azure Quantum preview
- Create an Azure Quantum workspace
- Set up a Q# standalone environment
Kickstart your Azure Quantum learning
Whether you’re a developer or simply someone who wants to get a feel for what quantum computing is all about, there are plenty of learning resources out there.
- View learning paths and modules for Azure Quantum on Microsoft Learn
- Learn quantum computing and Q# programming with these self-paced tutorials and quantum programming exercises on GitHub
- Check out Azure Quantum optimisation service samples on GitHub
- Follow the Q# Blog for the latest Q# insights, announcements and news
You can also find further learning resources on the Quantum learning resources page.
- How to manage Sensitive Data in Cloud Analytics Platforms
- Responsible AI – Implementing Ethical and Unbiased Algorithms
- How to measure and reduce the carbon footprint of your application
- The five most common mistakes approaching DevOps
- Enjoy free technical sessions from Microsoft experts on Learn TV!