If you’re a professional developer you’ll no doubt be using a number of different open-source tools, platforms and tech. If so, you might be interested in coming along to Azure Open Source Day on 15th February – and it’s free! Need to be persuaded? Here’s 6 reasons why it might help you be successful…
- Be among the first to hear Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella share a special announcement on the 30th anniversary for Linux!
- Discover tools for every developer, including Visual Studio Code, GitHub Codespaces, and the new Azure Cosmos DB API for MongoDB. Find out how you can work on your projects anytime, and on any device, with the latest advancements from Visual Studio Code. From the browser-based Visual Studio Code to cloud-powered environments in GitHub Codespaces, learn how to code with trusted environments anywhere. Hear from SitePro, an energy and municipality industry software as a service (SaaS) provider, that built a cloud-based solution using services including Azure Cache for Redis, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Cognitive Services, and Docker to capture real-time data from multiple data sources and internet of things (IoT) inputs.
- Learn about the latest innovations in containers and serverless computing, including Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). Get an overview on the full spectrum of Microsoft cloud-native applications and open source on Azure. Learn about the latest innovations for containers and serverless computing, including Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Red Hat OpenShift, and Azure Container Apps.
- Dig into CBL-Mariner, the Linux distribution built by Microsoft to host Azure services. A rapidly increasing number of Azure services are built using open source, leading Microsoft to create CBL-Mariner, Azure’s own internal Linux distribution. Learn why Azure decided to build Mariner, how it’s being developed in the open, and the benefits to using open-source services on Azure.
- Explore practical ways to optimize your Linux investments and innovate faster on Azure. Get an overview on the full spectrum of Microsoft cloud-native applications and open source on Azure. Learn about the latest innovations for containers and serverless computing, including Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Red Hat OpenShift, and Azure Container Apps.
- Get answers to your questions. Attend the event between 9:00 – 10:30AM Pacific Time (+8 UTC) to watch demos, get tips and best practices Linux industry leaders like Red Hat and SUSE, and get insights from the product experts and engineers building these solutions. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask Azure and open-source industry experts your questions during the live chat Q&A.
Join us to hear more about these benefits, explore solutions using Linux and Azure together, or expand your developer toolkit. We hope to see you there!
Azure Open Source Day
Tuesday, February 15, 2022
9:00 AM–10:30 AM Pacific Time (+8 UTC)