With AI, we can build solutions that seemed like science fiction a short time ago; enabling incredible advances in health care, financial management, environmental protection, and other areas to make a better world for everyone.
Discover Azure AI – a portfolio of AI services designed for developers and data scientists. Take advantage of the decades of breakthrough research, responsible AI practices and flexibility that Azure AI offers to build and deploy your own AI solutions. Access high-quality vision, speech, language and decision-making AI models through simple API calls, and create your own machine learning models with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, Visual Studio Code and open-source frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
Getting started with Azure AI
AI is a broad classification of computing that allows a software system to perceive its environment and take action that maximizes its chance of successfully achieving its goals. A goal of AI is to create a software system that’s able to adapt, or learn something on its own without being explicitly programmed to do it.
There are two basic approaches to AI. The first is to employ a deep learning system that’s modelled on the neural network of the human mind, enabling it to discover, learn, and grow through experience.
The second approach is machine learning, a data science technique that uses existing data to train a model, test it, and then apply the model to new data to forecast future behaviours, outcomes, and trends.
Kickstart your Azure AI learning journey
Whether you’re a developer or simply someone who wants to get a feel for what Azure AI is all about, there are plenty of learning resources out there.
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: Explore natural language processing
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: Explore decision support
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: Explore knowledge mining
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: Explore computer vision
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: Explore visual tools for machine learning
You can also find further learning resources on the Azure AI learning resources page.
Try out Azure AI
One of the best ways to get grips with new tools and software is simply to give it a go. There’s no better way to do this than getting stuck into Azure AI itself.
Trying out Azure AI is free, so give it a whirl today.
- Why you can’t always rely on AI when designing for accessibility
- How you can get started with scalable AI as an IT Pro
- Azure Mythbusters: The Who’s Who of the Azure AI Platform
- Azure Mythbusters: Building ML Models faster than you think
- Enjoy free technical sessions from Microsoft experts on Learn TV!