Hybrid is the end state I believe we’re all chasing, which means that all of your on-prem skills are valuable. But we as a community must ensure we’re maintaining well rounded skills. To measure those skills, we designed the Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certification.
Last December, we released beta exams. The beta is closed now, which tells us that we can expect the exams to be available to everyone soon. Those exams will measure the following:
- Deploy and manage Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in on-premises and cloud environments (30-35%)
- Manage Windows Servers and workloads in a hybrid environment (10-15%)
- Manage virtual machines and containers (15-20%)
- Implement and manage an on-premises and hybrid networking infrastructure (15-20%)
- Manage storage and file services (15-20%)
Are you ready for them? Now is the time to start preparing to take those exams. Even if you’re not planning on taking them as soon as they release, preparation has the side effect of making you more knowledgeable and prepared for the hybrid-by-design world.
To get ready for the exams, or to enhance your skills in general, I highly suggest the following resources:
- Check out the exam pages for details. The Exam AZ-800 skills outline and the Exam AZ-801 skills outline alert you to key topics covered on the exams.
- Review this Microsoft Learn collection.
- Gear up with the AZ-800 Study Guide and the AZ-801 Study Guide created by Microsoft Cloud Advocate Orin Thomas.
- Need other preparation ideas? Check out my blog post on Just How Does One Prepare for Beta Exams?
- This article was written for the Monthly TechNet UK IT Pro Newsletter – sign up today!
- New Azure features and functionality for January 2022
- How to get started with Microsoft certifications