Many believe that it’s difficult to get started with Azure DevOps, but that’s really not the case.
Azure DevOps can deploy to any cloud on-premise, and you can bring any code to our tooling. This means it’s not just for Windows developers, or .NET developers, but for everyone – be it multi-platform, open source, or your on-premise environment.
One thing it’s really great for is CICD – or Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery – and it does this with automation. So things like infrastructure code, using third-party tools like Terraform, or deploying ARM templates into Azure, can all be done automatically. You can even look at automating your actual code with your developers using Azure pipelines.
Azure DevOps can also manage projects and tasks. It’s great for project managers to know what tasks exist, when they’re being assigned to each person, and when they’ve been completed. It’s also possible to see which tasks are creating blockers, so you can manage your workflow more effectively.
To help you along your DevOps journey, we’re taking a look at some of the best free ebooks from Microsoft. Enjoy!
Deliver quality applications efficiently and at scale with Azure DevOps tools for every phase of the development lifecycle. Get this e-book to help you plan projects, collaborate on code development, and build and deploy applications faster. Also, explore ways to increase quality and customer satisfaction with continuous software delivery.
In Azure DevOps explained, you’ll find DevOps principles and follow tutorials to learn how to:
- Manage projects with Kanban boards and securely manage source code with repositories.
- Enable continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) by creating build and release pipelines with fully integrated package management.
- Send applications faster by using GitHub and Azure DevOps together.
- Improve code quality and manage project testing lifecycles with Azure Test Plans.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines for .NET-based applications and container-based infrastructures with step-by-step instructions.
Visualising your end-to-end DevOps workflow can be tough. Being able to see your workflow will allow you to see your strengths and where you have room to optimise your tooling. The DevOps Workflow Generator will allow you to configure and visualise your specific workflow – exportable in one easy-to-read report that you can download on demand.
Additionally, we’ll be taking the aggregated, anonymous data from this tool and reporting the latest trends that we find to you. We’re looking forward to learning more and to sharing our findings with you.
DevOps proven practices illustrate how collaboration between developer and operations teams leads to faster software delivery. Now, the issue facing digital leaders is the security and compliancy of their code, workflows and infrastructure. The logical next step: integrate your security team with the existing DevOps team – breaking down another organisational silo. In this e-book, you will learn how to:
- Develop a security-first company culture to drive DevSecOps adoption
- Proactively secure your code, workflows, infrastructure and software supply chain against vulnerabilities
- Provide your teams with shared tooling and best practices to enable end-to-end visibility and traceability
- Leverage improved insights and policy automation to realise continuous compliancy
Download the Microsoft & Sogeti e-book, Securing Enterprise DevOps Environments, to learn to fortify all three attack surfaces of enterprise DevOps environments and implement the culture changes necessary to thrive in our dangerous new world. We’ll explore the ideal secure and regulatory-ready setup of Enterprise DevOps tools and practices, focusing on three specific areas:
- Secure the developer environment.
- Secure the DevOps platform environments.
- Secure the application environments.
Not every organisation’s machine learning DevOps (MLOps) requirements are the same. The MLOps architecture for a large, multinational enterprise is unlikely to fit a small startup. Organisations start small and build up as their maturity, model catalogue, and experience grow.
Microsoft aims to meet organisations where they are on their ML/AI journey. Our leading technologies and robust MLOps capabilities can help you accelerate the machine learning lifecycle and empower data scientists and developers to build, train, and deploy models on a secure, trusted platform that supports a wide range of productive experiences and is designed for responsible machine learning.