The world’s preeminent financial services conference is fast approaching. Sibos has long been one of my favorite events that I look forward to each year. A time to come together as a community to connect, reconnect, share, and learn from each other. An opportunity to get a pulse on what’s trending and collaborate to shape the future of payments, securities, cash management, and trade.
While this year’s event will be different, in many ways its virtual format and free registration will make it easier for everyone to participate and engage. At Microsoft, we’re looking forward to joining and connecting with you through the Sibos virtual experience and our own. Here are the top ways to engage with us at Sibos 2020:
- Join me and thought leaders from BNP Paribas, BNY Mellon, and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in the Sibos Spotlight session: “Better Banking, Better Lives”. We’ll be looking at important issues around diversity, financial inclusion, and sustainability, and I’ll explore the ways that today’s advanced technology innovations can unlock and deliver more inclusive, accessible, and responsible banking experiences.
- I also encourage you to bookmark and attend the session “Managing the traditional world, while building out the digital future” with Microsoft’s Jon Farmer, director of financial services marketing, Microsoft 365. The panel will examine the opportunities of combining old and new technologies and how you can move forward with both.
- Although we can’t be together in person, we want to create plenty of opportunities for you to learn about our technology solutions for financial services and connect with our team. Visit our Microsoft at Sibos 2020 site to get started.
As we all know, so much has changed in the last six months. As I think about industry trends and what’s ahead, here are a few to keep an eye out for:
- Acceleration of cloud adoption. At Microsoft, we saw two years-worth of digital transformation in the first two months of the pandemic. Financial services institutions have a continued, heightened interest in speeding their move to the cloud to drive innovation, cost savings, and new customer experiences.
- Cybersecurity and fraud detection. More scamming attempts have moved online since COVID-19, and advanced cybersecurity strategies are top of mind for everyone. Our latest research shows how the pandemic is also accelerating the digital transformation of cybersecurity and that cloud-based technologies and architectures like Zero Trust are significant areas of investment moving forward.
- Sustainable finance. We’ll also hear lots of discussions about sustainable finance at this year’s event. And for good reason. In many ways, the pandemic has been an environmental wake-up call. Socially responsible investing, aligned to ESG factors, is on the rise, and it is presenting both new challenges and opportunities for financial institutions.
- Modernizing payments. The industry is facing an unprecedented level of change and challenge in the payments space. Expect to hear an exchange of ideas and strategies on modernizing payments to drive new value and better serve customers.
We’re excited to join this year’s virtual discussion and showcase how Microsoft helps banks connect payment ecosystems, modernize core systems, manage risk, and enable green initiatives by accelerating AI to power insights, powering remote work, and facilitate a secure and compliant platform. I look forward to seeing you there!
Additional Microsoft resources
To access additional resources and learn how banks are transforming digitally using technologies from Microsoft and our solutions from our partners, visit our website.