Our entire Microsoft team is excited about the Dec. 5 Government Digital Summit, where government leaders from across the nation will join us in discovering how agencies are transforming with the power of the cloud, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. During this live, streaming virtual event, we’ll hear from prominent state and local government leaders on how these emerging technologies offer unprecedented opportunities to gain predictive insights that deliver more impactful outcomes. The Summit also provides a great way to close 2018 as we continue to strengthen our partnership with state and local governments of all sizes to drive innovation, modernized, efficient operations, and intelligent solutions that enable agencies to better serve and protect citizens.
The Summit leads off with a discussion on how AI can amplify human ingenuity and extend our capabilities to help solve the biggest government, business and global challenges. We’ll delve into the unique opportunities AI creates to enhance citizen services, increase productivity, create a more sustainable and accessible world, and empower everyone to achieve more.
With cyberattacks threatening our societal fabric by undermining trust, Ann Johnson, who leads Microsoft’s Cybersecurity Solutions Group, will explain how agencies are making investments in cloud-based innovation, including IoT, to secure their own digital transformation while protecting people, processes and institutions.
We’ll also hear from an impressive lineup of state and local government representatives and technology experts who will provide tangible examples of using the cloud, AI and IoT to meet or exceed citizen expectations and address today’s significant challenges, such as the opioid crisis, recovering from natural disasters and more. Leaders from Richmond, Va., California and Houston will share their respective stories of digital transformations that:
- Redefine citizen engagement by centralizing non-emergency requests
- Modernize and digitize a state agency to make it easier to do business
- Address priorities of disaster recovery and response, building and school safety, and more efficient, capable transportation.
City, county and state government decision-makers won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn how connecting people, systems and information can help agencies achieve their missions. I’m confident that you’ll walk away with the vision, focus and game plan to empower your organization to transform with the power of the cloud, AI and IoT, while ensuring a secure environment. In addition, you’ll gain insights from real-world solutions and future applications, and inspiration for delivering improved citizen services and maximizing government efficiency, productivity and cost-savings.
Please join us Dec. 5 for an important dialogue focused on how using the trusted cloud, AI and IoT to further government innovation can better serve your constituents. As we expect this event will fill quickly, I encourage you to register today at Government Digital Summit.
Until the Summit, please learn how Microsoft can assist your government agency modernize for a digital future by:
- Visiting Microsoft CityNext and taking our digital transformation assessment.
- Reading the Gartner IoT report Three Rules When Using AI to Add Value to Your IoT Smart Cities.
- Downloading the complimentary infographic on Powering Smart Cities with AI and IoT.
- Learning how AI is transforming industries around the world by reading the Intelligent Economies: AI’s Transformation of Industries and Societies Report by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Bringing a complimentary hands-on engagement onsite to your team.