Technology is helping to rapidly change how you empower your law enforcement agency, improve operations, and protect communities. New solutions can help departments to gather, analyze, and share data rapidly to make better decisions faster, as well as help identify officers who might benefit from additional resources and services to support them. To help make better-informed decisions and deliver more impactful actions to increase the safety of people and the security of the communities you serve, law enforcement agencies need to:
- Ensure they can serve their communities while giving personnel the flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time.
- Empower cross-agency collaboration by sharing data, services, and innovation across jurisdictions and community groups.
- Build community trust and engagement by securing information, protecting infrastructure, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
During the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) 2020, Richard Zak, Director of Public Safety and Justice Solutions at Microsoft will host a session on how law enforcement leaders have addressed these critical challenges:
- From the Chicago Police Department, Sabih Khan, Deputy Chief for Strategic Initiatives, and Maggie Goodrich, Consultant at the University of Chicago Crime Lab and former Chief Information Officer at the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), will join Zak to discuss the launch of their new Officer Support System. The system was designed specifically to support officer health and wellness, a critical challenge facing law enforcement.
- Also joining the discussion will be Inspector Darren Henstock from the Digital Policing Division of the Western Australia Police Force. Over the past 18 months, the Western Australia Police Force has undergone a digital transformation, moving to secure cloud services and deploying BWC, alongside personally-issued mobile devices complete with a suite of apps and features supporting their Digital Policing Strategy to empower frontline officers and make their communities safer.
Watch the session to learn best practices and the right first steps from these law enforcement and technology leaders.
Learn more about how Microsoft empowers public safety and justice organizations.