The Microsoft Health Innovation Awards are presented annually to the healthcare or life sciences organization and technology solution partner—with which it has collaborated—that best demonstrates industry leadership in using technology to achieve innovation excellence.
Who should enter?
The award committee will accept nominations from a qualifying healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical resource, payor, provider, or medical device organization worldwide, which has developed and implemented a solution independently or working with a technology solution partner, as long as the solution is in full implementation within an organization for at least 30 days and is based on the latest Microsoft technologies. The award emphasizes the innovative application of available software and the creation of new solutions.
Why should you enter?
- Winners will be featured in promotional and marketing activities, such as the Microsoft in Health newsletter and blog, as well as possible media interviews.
- Winners will receive a “Winner” trophy.
- Winners will receive a marketing document on how to publicize the fact that the organization is a winner including a winner logo.
How do we pick the winner?
An independent panel of Judges will pick one winner from the qualified submissions received in each of the categories below. The solution (or combination of solutions) can be offered by any qualifying company worldwide as long as it is based on the latest Microsoft technologies; represents a breakthrough from the industry & historical approaches; and goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
(Please read 2018 Microsoft Health Innovation Awards Contest – Official Rules download document for complete details).
Categories for Entry: See Entry Form for details
Engage your Patients
Empower your Care Teams
Optimize your Clinical Operational Effectiveness
Transform the Care Continuum
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
You can read a full description of the categories on the awards page.
Entries will be judged primarily on the following three criteria:
- The innovation represents a breakthrough from the industry’s historical approaches.
- The innovation goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
- The innovation measurably improves significant business and/or clinical processes that positively impact patient care.
The entry period ends on Friday, February 9th, at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. No entries will be accepted after the entry period closes.
New as of 2017 – All entries must be submitted online.