The winners of the 2017 Microsoft Health Innovation Awards were announced at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Annual Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS17). Each year, the awards acknowledge health organizations and their technology solution partners that are achieving innovation excellence with a Microsoft-based solution.
We’re always excited to highlight the achievements of our forward-thinking customers and partners as they advance digital transformation in health. Here are the winners in each of the submission categories:
Engage Your Patients
Family Physicians Group uses HealthGrid Corp’s mobile patient engagement platform to automate meaningful and personalized interactions that guide patients along their healthcare journey. With the solution, FPG has a consistent touchpoint with patients and drives significant return to its practice.
Empower Your Care Teams
Through the use of Skype for Business Online, Dr. Thomas Lee, world-renowned pediatric retina surgeon and Director at The Vision Center at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, is empowering care teams in third world countries to tackle complex blinding diseases by crowd-sourcing training with experts around the world, disrupting the traditional apprentice training model.
Optimize Your Clinical Operational Effectiveness
In only six months, CoxHealth has delivered diabetic retinopathy exams into their primary care locations using the IRIS diabetic retinopathy diagnostic solution — increased exam rates from 32% to 72% and finding hundreds of patients with sight threatening disease.
Transform the Care Continuum
The Cardiac High Acuity Monitoring Program (CHAMP) connects families to their medical teams using real-time analysis of vital statistics and videos. Since 2014, CHAMP has reduced interstage mortality at Children’s Mercy from 20 percent to zero.
Using a mixed reality environment powered by Microsoft HoloLens, surgeons at Oslo University Hospital can visualize a 3D model of an organ during the planning stages of a surgery to help them improve the outcome.
Thank you to our judges
In addition to acknowledging the innovative solutions of the award recipients, we would like to thank each of the distinguished judges who reviewed this year’s entries:
- Brian Ahier, Digital Health Evangelist, Medicity, an Aetna Company
- Kelly Aldrich, Chief Clinical Transformation Officer, Center for Medical Interoperability
- Russell P. Branzell, CEO and President, College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME)
- Taren Grom, Founding Partner and Editor, PharmaVOICE magazine
- Ahmad Hashem, CEO, Boston Biopharma, Inc.
- Margaret Mannix, Executive Editor, U.S. News & World Report
- Benjamin Rooks, Managing Director, ST Advisors
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, Health Economist and Advisor, THINK-Health and Health Populi blog
- Jay Srini, Chief Strategist, SCS Ventures
- Victoria L. Tiase, Director of Informatics Strategy, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Gus Venditto, VP of Content Development, HIMSS Media