For the last few years, we’ve saved many of our best Microsoft customer, partner, and Microsoft’s manufacturing solutions news for Hannover Messe, and hope to be able to join the manufacturing community again in person in 2021. However, for 2020, we had to go digital, especially as it was more important than ever that we bring together our global community to share best practices and innovations that help create more agile factories and resilient supply chains during these challenging times. Our first Microsoft Digital Manufacturing Summit included over 30 on-demand webinars, product demos, virtual roundtables, and more. If you couldn’t join us live June 24-25, or couldn’t get to everything the Summit had to offer, it is free and available to everyone. If you have not already done so, you can register and view the content until the end of July 2020.
The Microsoft Digital Manufacturing Summit features perspectives and guidance on the continued transformation of the industry from some of the best minds at Microsoft, our solution partners, and customers. The session topics cover engaging your workforce and customers in new ways, operating safe and agile factories, creating more resilient supply chains, unlocking innovations, and reimagining the new normal—with an emphasis on strategies and best practices to help organizations manufacture a resilient and sustainable future.
Be sure to attend the day one and two roundtables featuring our partners and customers, followed by Meet the Experts sessions where your questions were answered by Microsoft.
For those specifically interested in how the manufacturing community is responding to COVID-19 and Microsoft cloud to Navigate the now, Plan the comeback, and to Shape the normal, I encourage you to watch the Day 1 Roundtables and our COVID-19 Demo sessions starting with Phase 1: COVID-19 crisis communication. You will learn how Microsoft, our partners, and customers are coming together to meet new challenges and create opportunities through intelligent manufacturing.
We also hosted an Open Manufacturing Platform (OMP) roundtable at the Microsoft Manufacturing Summit where Microsoft and some of our partners discussed Accelerating manufacturing innovation at scale through the power of open collaboration. To learn more about this Linux Foundation project, please visit the OMP website and get involved.
Recent manufacturing and supply chain announcements from Microsoft and our Partners
With the cancellation of Hannover Messe 2020, you may have missed some of the many announcements that we’d normally share with the manufacturing community at that event. Below are some of the announcements that we shared and discussed at the Microsoft Digital Manufacturing Summit:
- Hitachi and Microsoft form a strategic alliance to advance next-generation digital solutions for manufacturing and logistics across Southeast Asia, North America and Japan (June 25th, 2020)
- Microsoft acquires CyberX to accelerate and secure customers’ IoT deployments (Jun 22, 2020)
- Microsoft acquires ADRM Software, leader in large-scale, industry-specific data models (Jun 18, 2020)
- Virtual Build spotlights IoT updates and rollouts (May 26, 2020)
- Rapid application development with Microsoft Power Platform & Azure (May 19, 2020)
- FedEx and Microsoft join forces to transform commerce (May 18, 2020)
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions and Microsoft partner to create smart camera solutions for enterprise customers (May 18, 2020)
- New Dynamics 365 Manufacturing Accelerator for supplier management (May 14, 2020)
The Microsoft Digital Manufacturing Summit has a lot to offer every leader looking to accelerate their intelligent manufacturing initiatives. To access the on-demand content, available through July 2020, just complete the short registration form.
Never has the role of manufacturing been more critical in creating a more resilient and sustainable future. We hope you’ll be inspired by the community of leaders and sessions delivered at our first Microsoft Digital Manufacturing Summit!