|Focus on: Empower Employees, Engage Customers, Optimize Operations|
When a family member is discharged from the hospital, the list of things to worry about can be overwhelming. Patients’ health needs don’t stop when they exit the hospital, and the road to recovery is often filled with doctors, nurses, rehabilitation specialists, and insurance navigation. Kindred Healthcare knows all of this, because they specialize in caring for people after they leave acute care. Patients and family members may feel unsure of how to handle their new reality and lack guidance around what the next steps should be in terms of medical intervention, caretaking, and managing insurance and paperwork.
That’s where Kindred Healthcare comes in. As the largest provider of post-acute care services in the United States, Kindred Healthcare’s mission is to promote healing, provide hope, and preserve dignity for patients, residents, family members, and other community members. With over thirty years of experience in the field, Kindred now serves people in 46 states, employing increasingly innovative methods of care thanks to their digital transformation.
Here are some of the ways that Kindred is creating new opportunities in healthcare:
- Kindred caregivers assist customers with navigating the healthcare and insurance systems, empowering patients to own their information and make informed choices. This service helps potential customers free of charge and provides Kindred with new opportunities for collaboration and growth.
- Kindred integrates care provision with technology. Recognizing that technology will be critical to the future of the healthcare industry, Kindred has built an organizational structure that places a uniquely high importance on IT.
- Kindred offers flexible care in many different locations with the help of Microsoft Azure. Azure empowers mobile caregivers to see patients anywhere and to access the information they need while they are in the field.
See how Kindred renewed hope for one family
Join Microsoft and Kindred Healthcare to see the moving story of one man whose life was turned around by Kindred after a harrowing hospital stay. Find out how his family was affected by the experience, and learn how other companies can revolutionize customer care with digital transformation in the live webcast coming up on May 18th. Sign up here.
- See how your organization can drive digital transformation by deploying Windows 10
- Imagine the possible and explore more Real Stories of Digital Transformation