Black Hat USA 2018 brings together professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. This is an exciting time as our Microsoft researchers, partners, and security experts will showcase the latest collaborations in defense strategies for cybersecurity, highlight solutions for security vulnerabilities in applications, and bring together an ecosystem of intelligent security solutions. Our objective is to arm business, government, and consumers with deeply integrated intelligence and threat protection capabilities across platforms and products.
Security researchers play an essential role in Microsoft’s security strategy and are key to community-based defense. To show our appreciation for their hard work and partnership, each year at Black Hat USA, the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) highlights the contributions of these researchers through the list of “Top 100” security researchers reporting to Microsoft (either directly or through a third party) during the previous 12 months. While one criterion for the ranking is volume of fixed reports a researcher has made, the severity and impact of the reports is very important to the ranking also. Given the number of individuals reporting to Microsoft, anyone ranked among the Top 100 is among some of the top talent in the industry.
In addition to unveiling the Top 100 and showcasing Microsoft security solutions at Booth #652, there are a number of featured Microsoft speakers and sessions:
- Eric Doerr, Matt Linton, Art Manion, and Christopher Robinson: “Behind the Speculative Curtain: The True Story of Fighting Meltdown and Spectre”
- Matt Miller, Anders Fogh, and Christopher Ertl: “Wrangling the Ghost: The Inside Story to Addressing Speculative Execution Side Channel Vulnerabilities”
- Joe Bialek and Nico Joly: “A Dive into Hyper-V Architecture & Vulnerabilities”
- Jordan Rabet: “Hardening Hyper-V through Offensive Security Research”
- Holly Stewart, Jugal Parikh, and Randy Treit: “Protecting the Protector Hardening Machine Learning Defenses Against Adversarial Attacks”
- David Weston: “ZEROing Trust: Do Zero Trust Approaches Deliver Real Security?”
Join us at these sessions during the week of August 4-9, 2018 in Las Vegas and continue the discussion with us in Booth #652, where we will have product demonstrations, theatre presentations, and an opportunity to learn more about our Top 100 and meet with some of Microsoft’s security experts and partners.