Java and Spring play an important role in how enterprises are adopting cloud-native patterns. In the recent months, we’ve been working hard to provide a great experience for Java developers on Azure, making it easier to deploy Spring and Java EE apps to Linux or Windows-based infrastructure, using containers with Azure Container Service (AKS) and Web Apps on Linux, or in a serverless way to Azure Functions.
Continuing with this theme, we’re happy to announce that Microsoft will be a diamond sponsor of Pivotal SpringOne Platform. Next week, December 5-7, the Azure and Visual Studio Code teams will be in San Francisco to connect with the community and make some exciting announcements about new Azure features and services, including some things we’ve been working on together with our friends at Pivotal. (Not attending SpringOne Platform? You can still keep up via @OpenAtMicrosoft.)
We’d love to meet up with you in San Francisco. Here’s our agenda for next week:
Tuesday, December 5
- Keynote, with Erich Gamma: 9:15am – 9:30 am Moscone West Level 3
- Steeltoe and the Open Source .NET Renaissance, with Beth Massi: 2:00pm – 3:10pm Moscone Level 2 2008
- Enable Authentication and Authorization with Azure Active Directory and Spring Security, with Anton Ovechkin & Yawei Wang (5:40pm – 6:10pm Moscone Level 2 2007)
Wednesday, December 6
- Top Ways to Deliver Your Spring Code to the Cloud, with Brian Benz (11:30am – 12:00pm Moscone Level 2 2012)
- Debugging Serverless for Cloud, with Xiaokai He, Su Shi & Chris Anderson (3:20pm – 3:50pm Moscone Level 2 2008)
Thursday, December 7
- Rapidly Develop, Deploy and Scale Java Cloud Apps Using Spring Boot, with Asir Selvasingh (10:30am – 11:40am Moscone Level 2 2004)
Also, make sure to come by our booth and connect with the speakers. We’re giving away t-shirts, stickers and other cool swag.
If you’re at SpringOne Platform, don’t miss the opportunity to connect with us! And, whether you are able to be there in person or not, remember to follow @OpenAtMicrosoft to see what we’re announcing next week and in the future!