Today, February 23, 2009 Microsoft announced SQL Server® Fast Track Data Warehouse, a new set of Reference Architectures for SQL Server 2008 that enables customers to accelerate their Data Warehouse deployments and reduce cost. In addition, customers can further jump start their Data Warehouse design with new industry solution templates provided by System Integrators – Avanade, Hitachi Consulting, Cognizant and HP.
Seven new Reference Architectures with storage capacities from 4 to 32 TB were unveiled in partnership with HP, Dell and Bull. Developed and tested by Microsoft, these architectures use balanced hardware optimized for Data Warehousing. As a result customers will get
- Better price performance than competitive solutions. Fast Track Data Warehouse offers similar performance to the competition at 1/5th the price
- Faster time to value and lower cost to setup and configure
- Better performance out of box through pre-tested hardware.
Fast Track Data Warehouse is available from today: customers will buy their SQL Server 2008 licenses through their preferred Microsoft Partner and the hardware from Dell, HP or Bull.
Fast Track Data Warehouse is the bridge to “Madison”: customers who buy Fast Track Data Warehouse today can upgrade easily to “Madison” which will offer scale out Data Warehousing. Through its “Hub and Spoke” architecture, “Madison” will support Data Warehouse “Spokes” built on SQL Server 2008, allowing customers to fully leverage their investment in Fast Track Data Warehouse.
- SQL Server Data Warehouse
- SQL Server Project Code Name “Madison”
- Podcast: Stuart Frost on SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse