Prior to the launch of SQL Server 2012, we asked the SQL Family to vote for their favorite new SQL Server t-shirt based on six original designs. We counted all of your votes and printed the top four most popular designs that are shown below. Now it’s time to get the opportunity to win one! Be sure to follow The Fantastic 12 of 2012: Behind the Scenes Video Blog Series on the SQL Server Team Blog (watch the first episode) to get a first-hand look at how SQL Server 2012 was developed, some the feedback we’ve received, answers to common questions, and insights from members of the SQL Server Engineering Teams. New episodes of The Fantastic 12 of 2012: Behind the Scenes will be posted every Thursday through the end of June 2012.
Members of the SQL Server Engineering Team featured in each week’s episode will provide a question focused on The Fantastic 12 of 2012 topic of the week.
You need to be following @SQLServer on Twitter in order to participate and win, so be sure to follow us today if you haven’t done so! Also, your response to our question needs to contain the #SQL2012 hashtag in order to win. Any correct answers without the #SQL2012 hashtag will be automatically disqualified. We will post the winners each day as they are determined. The contest questions will be posted to Twitter from @SQLServer every Thursday at 10:30am PT beginning on April 26, 2012 through June 27, 2012. You’ll have approximately 30 minutes from when the new “Behind the Scenes” episode is published to when the contest question will be asked on Twitter. The first person to answer the question accurately wins a new SQL Server t-shirt!
Here are some key things to remember when participating in the contest:
- You must be following @SQLServer to be eligible to win
- Your answer must be a reply to our tweet with the #SQL2012 hashtag included in your response
- Typos and misspelled words will automatically disqualify you, so be sure to type your answers correctly
- List out the full name of product feature or technology correctly when needed
- If you become a winner, you are not eligible to win again during this contest period (Entry Period: 10:30 a.m. PT on April 26, 2012 to 12:00 p.m. PT on June 27, 2012)
- This contest is available to anyone worldwide with a valid current mailing address and has a Twitter account following @SQLServer
- Be sure to read the detailed rules below
Here are the new SQL Server T-Shirts selected by the SQL Family for the SQL Family that we’ll be giving away:
“Constantly Modeling” “Binary to ASCII”
(Says “SQL Server” in Binary Code)
“Further. Forward. Faster.” “I’M A THINKER”
OFFICIAL RULES – THE FANTATIC 12 OF 2012: BEHIND THE SCENES TWITTER CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how The Fantastic 12 of 2012: Behind the Scenes Twitter Contest (“Contest”) promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Contest” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 10:30 a.m. PT on April 26, 2012 and ends at 12:00 p.m. PT on June 27, 2012 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void wherever prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
At approximately 10:30am PT each Thursday during the Entry Period, a new The Fantastic 12 of 2012: Behind the Scenes trivia question will be posted online at www.twitter.com/sqlserver. To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of SQL Server at @SQLServer.
- From your own account, reply to the question from @SQLServer and include your answer in your reply. Your tweet must contain the #SQL2012 hashtag to be eligible for entry.
- Your answer must list the product/feature/technology name correctly including correct spelling. The SQL Server team reserves the right to decide winners as needed based on the answers provided.
The first person to correctly tweet a correct reply will win the prize described below. Limit of one entry per trivia question per person or Twitter account.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
The first person to correctly respond will receive Microsoft branded items, including one of the new SQL Server t-shirts. Approximate Retail Value $20. Limit of one prize per person during the Entry Period.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you via Direct Message on Twitter to the account provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Winners can expect to receive their prize within two (2) to three (3) weeks following verification of eligibility.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, the SQL Server Team reserves the right to determine the winner and will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Contest depend on the number of eligible entries we receive and the accuracy of your answer.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST?
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the winners on @SQLServer each day as they are determined.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052