The 11th episode of The Fantastic 12 of 2012: Behind the Scenes Blog Series is here, and we are excited to be discussing optimized IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with a common toolset. In this latest episode, Tobias Ternstrom, Lead Program Manager discusses the “Sequence Generator.” Tobias also talks about the discoveries that were made while testing the primary key-generating feature for optimization of performance and ease of use. Watch the full episode below and see what they discovered!
Watch all previous episodes here. There is only one week left in the Twitter Contest that follows every episode of this series, which takes place on Thursdays at 10:30am PDT (through the end of June 2012), where you could win the SQL Server T-Shirt of your choice!
11 Optimized Productivity
Optimize IT and developer productivity across server and cloud with common tools
- SQL Server Data Tools: Take database development to the next level with SQL Server Data Tools, an integrated development experience for devlopers building next-generation web, enterprise, and data-aware mobile applications across on-premises and public cloud.
- T-SQL Enhancements: Simplify complex programming tasks with T-SQL enhancements and ease database migrations with improved support for ANSI SQL standards. Additionally, the new Sequence object enables developers to tie unique row identifiers across multiple tables.
- Common Tools: Build, extend, and manage database or business intelligence solutions across on-premises and cloud environments using the same development tools, frameworks and T-SQL based model.
- SQL Server Management Studio: Manage efficiently at scale with a single console to deploy and manage database assets across servers, private cloud and public cloud. Additionally, use SSMS to manage high availability configurations, BI services, and resource utilization.
- Automate infrastructure maintenance tasks, streamline troubleshooting and diagnostics and optimize hardware resources with built-in easy-to-use manageability tools.
- Streamline virtualization management with System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Support for Windows PowerShell 2.0 automates management tasks across the Microsoft platform.
For more information SQL Server 2012, and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver.