For SQL Server professionals and enthusiasts alike, the place to be next month is PASS Summit 2012. It all happens November 6 through 9in Seattle, WA, where you will learn from top industry experts, network and connect with fellow SQL professionals, and return home with the training and tips you need to take your skills to the next level!
Now, here is your chance to attend this SQL Server community event of the year with a free full 3-day registration to this amazing conference, and all you have to do is Tweet for a Ticket to Pass Summit 2012!
At 9am PT on Friday, October 12, we will post a question on our official Twitter account (@SQLServer) and then it will be up to you to tweet your answer. We will be on the lookout for answers with hash tag #sqlpass tweeted to @SQLServer through 9 am PT, on Monday, October 15.
- You must be following the @SQLServer Twitter account;
- You must reply from your account to @SQLServer;
- Your entire tweeted reply should be no longer than 130 characters in length so that we can re-tweet the winning answer;
- Your tweeted response must include the hashtag #sqlpass; and
- You may only submit one response to the question. If you submit more than one response, all of your responses (including the first) will be disqualified.
The winner of the Tweet for a Ticket PASS Summit 2012 Challenge will be announced at 2pm PT on Monday, October 15th on Twitter @SQLServer. Please be aware, the winner will be responsible for all travel and accommodation costs, and arrangements. The ticket is non-transferrable to any other person, and may only be used by the submitting participant. If you have already purchased a PASS Summit 2012 ticket, your current ticket will not be eligible for a refunded. This contest is open to all eligible participants worldwide. If you are unable, or choose not to accept the prize, the ticket will be awarded to an alternate winner. See full contest rules below.
TWEET FOR A TICKET TO PASS SUMMIT 2012 CHALLENGE – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES: These are the official rules that govern how Tweet for a Ticket to Pass Summit 2012 Challenge (“Challenge”) promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Challenge” throughout the rest of these rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Challenge. “You” refers to an eligible Challenge entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES? This Challenge starts at 9:00 a.m. PT on Oct 12, 2012 and ends at 9:00 a.m. PT on Oct 15, 2012 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
This contest is open to IT Professionals who are interested in attending the PASS Summit 2012 in Seattle on November 6-9, 2012 and are willing to pay for any/all travel and accommodation costs involved attending the Summit. Microsoft will pay the full cost of the Full Summit (3-Days) Individual Registration for PASS Summit 2012. Details of the event are available here.
• If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Challenge; and
• You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge
This Challenge is void wherever prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
At 9:00 a.m. PT on Friday, October 12, 2012, we will ask a question related to attending PASS Summit 2012 and will judge the answers based on creativity of the answers during the Entry Period.
To enter, you must do all of the following:
- 1. Sign in to your Twitter account. If you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com to create one. Twitter accounts are free.
- 2. Once logged into your Twitter account, follow the links and instructions to become a follower of SQL Server at @SQLServer
- 3. From your own Twitter account, reply to @SQLServer and include in the tweet your answer to the posted question.
- 4. Your tweet must contain the #sqlpass hashtag to be eligible for entry and your twee must not be longer than 130 characters, including the #sqlpass hashtag
Note: You may only submit one answer to the question. If you provide more than one answer, you will be automatically disqualified, including your first response. So take your time and provide only one answer.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason, or for entries that do not include both the #sqlpass hashtag, or do not answer the question.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry;
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above; and
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
A Panel of three (3) judges from the SQL Server Team at Microsoft will evaluate all responses to the question and determine a winner based on creativity. The prize is one (1) Full Summit (3-Days) Individual Registration for PASS Summit 2012. Approximate Value $2,095. Only one (1) prize is available.
The winner of the challenge will be personally responsible for all travel, accommodation, entertainment, meals, or any other cost involved with coming to and staying in Seattle for the duration of PASS Summit 2012. Microsoft is not responsible for any costs other than the Full Summit (3-Days) Individual Registration for PASS Summit 2012.
The winner of the Challenge will be sent their registration code via a Direct Message (DM) on Twitter or we can email the registration code if the winner provides us an active email address via a Direct Message (DM) to @SQLServer. The winner must reply to our Direct Message (DM) by 5:00 p.m. PT on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 or the winner will be disqualified and SQL Server Team at Microsoft will immediately notify the runner up of winning. If that happens, the runner up must respond to our Direct Message (DM) by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 17, 2012, or that person will be disqualified and the contest will end without a winner.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you via Direct Message on Twitter to the account provided at time of entry within thirty-six (36) hours following the end of the Entry Period. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate winner as decided by the panel of judges. Microsoft will provide the winner the registration code for the Full 3-Day Registration to the PASS Summit 2012 within 24 hours of selecting the winner on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. PT.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we reserve the right to make final decisions on who is the winner based on the creativity of the answers provided, ensuring that the rules of including hashtags is followed, and the times the answers arrive within the Entry Period on www.twitter.com.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Challenge:
You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
If you are otherwise eligible for this Challenge, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf;
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Challenge depend on the number of eligible entries we receive and the creativity of the answers as judged by a panel of three (3) members of the SQL Server Team at Microsoft.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS CHALLENGE?
By entering this Challenge you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Challenge or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Challenge; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Challenge, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CHALLENGE IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Challenge will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Challenge.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CHALLENGE CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Challenge, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Challenge. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Challenge, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Challenge. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Challenge by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Challenge, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
To find out who won, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th, 2012 with the subject line: “Tweet for Your Ticket to Pass Summit 2012 Challenge”.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CHALLENGE?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052