With just a few days until the official start of PASS Summit 2012 in Seattle from November 6-9, 2012, the SQL Server team is hustling and bustling to put the finishing touches on the many activities that we are offering at the world’s largest and most intensive technical training conference for Microsoft SQL Server and BI professionals. Senior executives are getting ready to present the latest developments, trends and strategic vision for SQL Server, the cloud-ready information platform. SQL Server Engineers are challenging each other to prepare the best technical sessions and educational content for our strong and demanding Global Community.
Here is a brief overview of the “DO NOT MISS” activities at PASS Summit this year:
- Get up early to secure a front row seat as top SQL Server Executives Ted Kummert and Quentin Clark take center stage with keynote addresses on Wednesday and Thursday from 8:15am to 10:00am. For the first time, we will also stream both keynotes on our SQL Server website during PASS Summit.
- Just added! Listen to the legendary Dr. David DeWitt, Technical Fellow at Microsoft, as he presents a Spotlight Session on “Big Data Meets SQL Server” [DBA-410-S]
- Visit the Microsoft Booth in the PASS Summit Exhibition Hall to discuss questions with Microsoft SQL Server Engineering team members, browse through a wealth of demos at our technology kiosks and listen to one of the short, but deep, technical sessions in the showcase theater.
- Choose from of over 190 technical sessions that are offered by SQL Server Experts. You can get a head start by building your personalized schedule with the PASS Summit 2012 mobile guide or the Schedule Builder.
- Get certified onsite! Microsoft Learning is onsite to provide easy access to Microsoft Certification exams at discounted rates.
- Work through your technical issues with top Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) engineers and get architectural guidance from the SQL Server Customer Advisory Team (SQLCAT) at the SQL Server Clinic. Walk-ins welcome!
- Try out the latest Microsoft technologies through self-paced and instructor-led Hands-On Labs.
- Visit the new “I Made That!” Developer Chalk Talks for 30-minute unscripted conversations with Microsoft developers on functionalities and features they actually wrote.
- Have your say and share your feedback on SQL Server technologies in one of the Focus Groups.
Finally, we want to remind you that one of the most valuable aspects of PASS Summit is the opportunity to connect with experts and peers alike, network, share issues and exchange solutions. As always, the SQL Server Social Media team will be sharing the latest news, activities, contests live from PASS Summit. Chime in and connect online with us and the SQL Server community (hashtags: #sqlpass #summit12 #sqlserver #sql2012).
We look forward to seeing you at PASS Summit 2012!