As of March 11 2015, SAP has certified support for SAP NetWeaver-based applications on Microsoft SQL Server 2014. Now you can run even more of your Tier-1, mission-critical workloads on SQL Server. And, the ability to run SAP on Microsoft Azure means that it can be accomplished with low total cost of ownership (TCO).
SQL Server 2014 provides the higher scale, availability, and breakthrough performance needed for your most demanding SAP workloads. The updatable in-memory ColumnStore will deliver blazing fast query performance for your SAP Business Warehouse (BW). SQL Server AlwaysOn availability groups help with the reliability and availability requirements of SAP systems by enabling multiple, readable secondaries that can be used for failover and read workloads like reporting and backup.
With SAP’s certification, you can also run SAP in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines with SQL Server 2014. Azure enables SAP customers to reduce TCO by leveraging Microsoft infrastructure as system needs grow, rather than investing in additional servers and storage. With Microsoft Azure, customers can leverage development and test environments in the cloud that can be spun up and scaled out as needed. SQL Server 2014 also introduced Disaster Recovery to Azure using an asynchronous AlwaysOn secondary, which can make Azure a part of your SAP disaster recovery plan.
With the certification, customers can now adopt SQL Server 2014 for mission-critical SAP workloads, and we look forward to telling you their stories soon. Here are some customers who are taking advantage of SAP on SQL Server today:
- Quanta Computer Boosts Performance of Its SAP ERP System with In-Memory Technology
- Zespri International Prunes Costs, Defends Business from Disasters by Running SAP in the Cloud
- Saudi Electric Company Increases Query Times by 75 Percent, Can Respond Faster to Customers
- Mitsui & Co. Deploys High-Availability and Disaster-Recovery Solution After Earthquake
Many companies are already betting their mission critical apps on SQL Server 2014. To read about Microsoft’s leader position for business critical operational database management and data warehouse workloads, read Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems and Magic Quadrant for Data Warehouse Database Management Systems Report. For more information about how customers are already using SQL Server 2014 for mission critical applications, read these case studies:
- NASDAQ OMX Reduces 2 PB of Data to 500 TB with Microsoft In-Memory Technology
- Top-Five Energy Giant Attains Throughput Speeds up to 17 times Faster with In-Memory OLTP
- Ferranti Computer Systems Scales to Meet Customer Needs for Storage and Analysis of Big Data
For more about the powerful combination of Microsoft and SAP, visit http://www.microsoft.com/SAP. To get started with SQL Server 2014, click here.