We are proud to announce the SQL Server Logo Certification Program, part of the Enterprise Cloud Application Logo Certification Programs announced in April. The program is designed to help application providers and ISV partners drive growth through recognition that their applications work with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and global exposure in the Microsoft Pinpoint partner listing.
This program builds on the success of the Microsoft Azure Certified for Virtual Machines program and the Windows Server Logo certification program that helped connect thousands of partners with customers worldwide by delivering their certified applications globally. The logo certification programs are designed to deliver value to not just application providers and ISVs, but also IT pros and customers through:
- A great partner experience – Our new Partner Center portal makes it even easier for partners to register, certify and generate market visibility of their applications.
- Certified quality and reliability – Partners can now run validation tests and certify their applications ensuring quality, compatibility, reliability and security.
- Global reach and exposure – With the new and improved Pinpoint, partners can now reach a global market, generating leads to grow their business
- Credit toward Microsoft Partner Network competencies – The new certification option also qualifies application provider partners toward the application test requirements of the Microsoft Partner Network Competency program.
In addition, application and ISV partners can now take advantage of the features of SQL Server 2014 for Mission Critical performance:
- Up to 30X faster transactional performance with in-memory OLTP
- Up to 100X faster queries with the in-memory ColumnStore for analytics processing
- Better availability with AlwaysOn Availability Groups, now with up to 8 readable secondaries
- The ability to scale across compute, networking and storage when used with Windows Server 2012 R2
- Data tools like Master Data Services and Data Quality Services to scale, enrich and secure your BI models
- New hybrid cloud scenarios including easy migration to Microsoft Azure and Azure DR using an asynchronous AlwaysOn replica in the cloud
Some partners who are already taking advantage of the SQL Server 2014 Logo Certification Program are Seradex, which has certified the Seradex OrderStream application, and Synerion Inc., which has certified one of its Workforce Management applications for use with SQL Server 2014. Not only do Microsoft SQL Server customers know they will have a great experience with these applications, but the partners now have exposure from their partner listings and the ability to use the SQL Server 2014 Certified logo. “Synerion is delighted to advance its long standing partnership with Microsoft bringing cutting edge technologies to the Workforce Management software industry,” said Lee Lipes, VP of Product Management of Synerion.
To get started, a partner just needs to create an application profile in the Partner Center. From there, partners can self-test the application using our App Certification Test Tools. Then, showcase the certified application on the Pinpoint Marketplace. Learn more here.