Update: SQL Server Management Studio 18.1 is now generally available.
We are excited to announce the release of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 17.9.1.
Download SSMS 17.9.1 today and for details please see the Release Notes.
This is a minor update to 17.9 with the following important improvements:
- Occasionally, SSMS closes MFA query editor connections with no outstanding transactions. A simple way to repro this is as follows:
- Open a New Query window in SSMS
- Connect to Azure SQL DB with MFA
- Create a global temp table, insert some data and run a SELECT from the table
- After a few seconds, re-run the above SELECT statement
- The Temp table may have been dropped, in certain scenarios
Based on a few CSS cases and the impact of these issues, we decided to release a minor update for the benefit of our customers.
- DAC Wizards: DacFX Import/Export fails with the below error during import:
- Failed to connect to server sqlce.database.windows.net. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo).
- SSMS Restore plan: SSMS does not generate correct restore plan and picks up an older full backup, despite having newer full backups.
With 17.9 (wrong plan)
With 17.9.1 (Right plan)
- SMO: Updated Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects NuGet package to include a readme.txt file.
As always, we are always listening and would love to hear from you with any questions, comments or feature suggestions via the SQL Server Feedback Forum.