Update: SQL Server Management Studio 18.1 is now generally available.
We are excited to announce the release of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 17.9.1.
This is a minor update to 17.9 with the following important improvements:
- Occasionally, SSMS closes MFA query editor connections with no outstanding transactions. A simple way to repro this is as follows:
- Open a New Query window in SSMS
- Connect to Azure SQL DB with MFA
- Create a global temp table, insert some data and run a SELECT from the table
- After a few seconds, re-run the above SELECT statement
- The Temp table may have been dropped, in certain scenarios
Based on a few CSS cases and the impact of these issues, we decided to release a minor update for the benefit of our customers.
- DAC Wizards: DacFX Import/Export fails with the below error during import:
- Failed to connect to server sqlce.database.windows.net. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo).
- SSMS Restore plan: SSMS does not generate correct restore plan and picks up an older full backup, despite having newer full backups.
With 17.9 (wrong plan)
With 17.9.1 (Right plan)
- SMO: Updated Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlManagementObjects NuGet package to include a readme.txt file.
As always, we are always listening and would love to hear from you with any questions, comments or feature suggestions via the SQL Server Feedback Forum.