SQL Server 2019 is the new data platform to solve the challenges of the modern data professional including capabilities and solutions such as:
- SQL Server Big Data Clusters combining the power of SQL Server, Hadoop, Apache Spark™, and Kubernetes to provide an end-to-end data and machine learning platform.
- Data virtualization through Polybase
- Intelligent query processing to gain performance with no application changes
- Mission critical security with Always Encrypted with Secure Enclaves
- Maximum database availability with accelerated database recovery
- Hosting your data on the platform of your choice with compatibility whether that be Windows, Linux, Containers, or Kubernetes
While you can read all about what’s new with SQL Server 2019 in our documentation, why not also learn at your pace and by example with videos? And who better to learn about SQL Server 2019 than the engineering team that built the product. We’re excited to announce our new SQL Server 2019 video learning series all taught by members of the SQL Server Engineering Team.
Start your journey by listening to Travis Wright tell you the story of the SQL Server 2019 product in this video:
This learning series covers the SQL Server 2019 product end-to-end using a series of short videos with demonstrations. Each video is taught by a member of the engineering team that focused on a particular aspect of the product.
Each week a new topic will be available on the Data Exposed and SQL Server YouTube channels. Take a look and try out a video topic that interests you. Combine these videos with FREE hands-on lab training from the engineering team.
We hope you have as much fun learning and watching these videos as our team did making them. Welcome to SQL Server 2019!
The SQL Server Engineering Team