This week, our Windows Storage Solutions division announced that DPM 2007 has released to manufacturing.
In November, DPM 2007 will become generally available and will launch at Microsoft IT Forum in Barcelona, Spain.
DPM 2007 sets a new standard in protecting Windows data, by combining the best aspects of continuous data protection (CDP) with traditional tape backup in a unified disk-to-disk-to-tape platform. Aimed at delivering comprehensive protection of Windows Server and core Microsoft server workloads, DPM 2007 provides protection for:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- SQL Server 2000
- SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2008
- Exchange Server 2003
- Exchange Server 2007
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business edition or better
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and SharePoint Server 2003, as SQL Server data sources
- Windows Virtual Server 2005 R2, for protecting virtual machines from the host
In addition, DPM 2007:
- Provides protection for System State
- Delivers Bare Metal Recovery, through the DPM System Recovery Tool (SRT)
- Enables Disaster Recovery with long distance, off-site data replication
So, if you haven’t already checked out Data Protection Manager 2007 – go visit the DPM website (www.microsoft.com/DPM).
Get Ready for DPM 2007 !!!
Jason Buffington / Windows Storage