Hi, my name is Omair Gillani and I’m a program manager on the Remote Desktop team. We are very excited about the overwhelming interest we are receiving for the Azure RemoteApp preview.
For those who would like to try the user experience this new service provides, we created a user demo . This trial provides five minute-access to Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications running on Azure RemoteApp. The only pre-requisite for access is to have a Microsoft account (i.e. outlook.com, live.com)
Here are the steps to access the user demo:
- If you don’t have a Microsoft account, please sign up here for free.
- Visit http://remoteapp.azure.com
- Click on ‘Experience RemoteApp Now’
- System will automatically detect your device and then you can download the RemoteApp access client for your device.
- Once client is installed, you can log on with your Microsoft account and access applications running real time on Azure RemoteApp.
Your opinion matters. At the end of each session, you will see a dialog box for your feedback. If you have a minute, tell us your thoughts and let us know whether you would like Microsoft to contact you for additional information.
NOTE: as this is a controlled environment to try out the experience, we have not enabled external internet access from the published demo applications. As such, services such as OneDrive are not accessible. In addition, clipboard sharing (Copy & Paste), USB and printer redirection is disabled.
-The Remote Desktop Team