Author: Yvette O’Meally, Senior Program Manager, Enterprise Client and Mobility
We recently shipped Cumulative Update 4 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. However you may not be aware that Cumulative Update 4 contains several fixes and performance enhancements that provide significant benefit for customers using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune together to manage Mobile Devices.
The following two fixes, listed in the Mobile device management / Intune section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2970177, were first released with Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager . These are a set of bug fixes and performance improvements to speed up policy delivery to mobile devices.
- Policies that apply to devices that are used together with Microsoft Intune may take 10 minutes or more to apply. Additionally, policies that are created before enrollment may not appear on the new device.
The Policy Request and Management Point fields for mobile devices may be missing from the Client Activity Details tab on the summary page for a given device.
This next set of fixes, listed in the Mobile devices section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2994331, were first released with Cumulative Update 3 for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager . These include fixes for Certificate enrollment.
- A race condition may cause renewing the Microsoft Intune Connector certificate to fail. Entries that resemble the following are recorded in the DMPDownload.log:
Renewing connector certificate… Failed to call SaveAccountInfo. error = Unknown error SMS_DMP_DOWNLOADER is exiting…
- The Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol policy may not be delivered to a device that is enrolled in Microsoft Intune and then later renamed by the user.
- State messages are marked incorrectly as corrupted from Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol Configuration Items that are targeted to devices and that contain a user entry of SYSTEM.
- Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol certificate requests can fail for workgroup clients that Configuration Manager manages. Entries that resemble the following are recorded in the CRP.log file:
DB returned NULL. Parameters in CSR and DB do not match
Exception: System.ArgumentException: DB returned NULL.Parameters in CSR and DB do not match
Attempts to enroll a device in a user collection containing security groups will fail with an access denied error.
Inventory data collected from mobile devices and the Windows Intune connector may be for the wrong device if two devices synchronize simultaneously.
Hotfix extends client notification in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager to MDM devices http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2990658
Mobile Device Management settings are not applied to cloud-managed users in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3002291
For best performance we recommend that customers using Microsoft Intune and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager to manage their mobile devices apply the latest Configuration Manager cumulative update.
For more information about cumulative updates, refer to Update System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Configuration Manager Servicing Update.
Configuration Manager Resources
Microsoft Intune Resources
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.