System Center Updates Publisher (SCUP) Preview 2 is now available. If this is your first time looking at the SCUP Preview check out the announcement for Preview 1 here.
In SCUP Preview 2, the update catalog format has been enhanced to provide a better experience for users when consuming large update catalogs. Improvement include:
- Indexing for quicker imports of previously imported catalogs – Catalog producers can now index their catalogs. This will allow users to import large catalogs containing few new updates more quickly.
- Inclusion of signing certificates within updates catalogs – Catalog producers can now include signing certificates with their updates catalogs. This enables users to add the certificates to the trusted publishers list during import so that approval prompts will not block publish operations.
Note: While old catalog formats are still supported, catalog producers will need to add information to their existing catalogs to take advantage of these improvements.
- Signature Timestamp – Updates published to a WSUS server will by default have the signature time-stamped. Note, this functionality requires internet access. If you have upgraded from preview 1 this will not be automatically enabled. To enable or disable the signature timestamp or configure the timestamp server that is used see the Advanced page under Options.
Preview 2 also includes fixes for issues based on feedback submitted during the first preview.
Joining the preview
We are excited to have you join our preview! To get started:
- Download the SCUP Preview here.
- Run UpdatesPublisher.msi on a computer that meets the prerequisites.
- Configure the options for SCUP.
- Start using the features of SCUP.
For a walkthrough of these steps please read our System Center Updates Publisher documentation.
We would love to hear your feedback. If you have a feature request, share your ideas with us on the Configuration Manager UserVoice site. You can report issues with SCUP on Connect or reach out to us directly at Scupfeedback@microsoft.com.