The pace of change, the momentum of adaptation, and the sheer speed at which the world is redefining what’s possible presents new and powerful opportunities for organizations. Businesses can now get ahead of the curve and build more agile and responsive operations by adopting an industry-specific cloud solution to navigate the changing world.
Microsoft’s deep commitment to industry is not new, but in the face of so many changes our commitment has taken on a new urgency. We are committed to helping every organization use technology and tools to accelerate their transformation. That’s why Microsoft Cloud for industries offers powerful, integrated, and uniquely tailored industry solutions and workflows allowing organizations to realize breakthrough value and more easily achieve success; enabling them to unleash value quickly, build for the future, and exceed expectations.
Industry at Microsoft Ignite
At Microsoft Ignite 2022, you will learn more about exciting announcements that include new features and updates to our Microsoft Cloud for industries solutions.
- With our latest release of Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit, we’ve delivered marketing insights capabilities, resource guides for fundraising and engagement and volunteer management, redesigned donation import functionality, a new first-party installation service to automate deployment of fundraising and engagement, and much more. We want to equip the nonprofit sector with affordable, accessible, and secure technology to meet evolving trends head-on. Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit harnesses the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, and LinkedIn all brought together by the Nonprofit Common Data Model and built on a platform that provides best-in-class security and compliance.
- Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability is expanding Sustainability Manager with new Scope 3 emissions calculation models and expanding the Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability data model to ingest water data (in preview). We are releasing Emissions Impact Dashboard for Microsoft 365 to general availability, enabling customers to track emissions associated with their use of Microsoft 365 cloud services. To improve reliability for environmental claims and credits, Microsoft is introducing Environmental Credit Service, a managed service that increases transparency, time to market, and scalability for environmental assets. We are delivering new sustainability training including technical guidance to help customers optimize their Azure workloads. And our growing, global ecosystem of partners is helping customers unlock new value by extending Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability with dedicated solutions, like those just announced by McKinsey. They announced the creation of an integrated solution that combines sustainability data intelligence from Microsoft Sustainability Manager with decarbonization planning and an execution engine using McKinsey Sustainability’s Catalyst Zero. This technological collaboration will enhance companies’ sustainability transformations by integrating their data from activities that produce emissions with initiatives to abate them. Learn more in our recent blog, Driving innovation for ESG progress with Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability.
- Microsoft Cloud for Financial Services announces the general availability of intelligent appointments, which delivers better customer experiences through end-to-end virtual or in-person meeting management; the general availability of Compliance Program for Microsoft Cloud, which provides white glove service for risk, audit, and compliance teams; preview of unified client profile for wealth management and onboarding application; and preview of new data models for insurance, wealth management, and retail banking SMB. Find out more about the latest release.
- Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare announces the latest release wave update that enables consumer-centric operating models that ease the burden on providers and help facilitate proactive healthcare, creating “customers” for life. The updates include missed appointment AI prediction model in Patient Trends (preview), which helps organizations assess the likelihood that patients will miss their next appointment and allows providers to take proactive measures to help ensure patients will attend their next appointment and maintain continuity of care. Additional updates include improved care plan templates (October update), pre-built Patient Journey templates with new out-of-the-box patient outreach campaigns (preview), and a full feature release of Dataverse Healthcare API (generally available) to support bi-directional writeback capabilities to electronic health record (EHR) and other clinical systems. Learn more in our recent blog, Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare: Ease provider burden and help create customers for life.
Additionally, energy businesses alongside our ecosystem partner companies can benefit from an enterprise-grade cloud-based data platform aligned with the OSDU Technical Standard can help minimize the time, risk, and costs of ownership associated with energy exploration and production. Read about how energy companies can enable its data to do more in the cloud.
Further, to empower the more than 2 billion people in the frontline workforce spanning industries such as retail and healthcare, we are announcing new partnerships with Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) and Honeywell to increase operational efficiency and enhance communications and collaboration. These new integrated solutions will help with digitizing manual processes and enable easier instant communication.
Make the most of your Microsoft Ignite journey
As you get ready to engage at the event, it’s worth considering what sessions will benefit you on your industry cloud journey. Spanning multiple industries and a broad array of subjects, this Microsoft Ignite event has something for everyone. Here are some key experiences that will provide a deeper view into how industry clouds enable organizations to drive business outcomes.
- Microsoft Ignite Into Focus: Industry clouds—Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM PT. Join Alysa Taylor, Corporate Vice President, Industry, Apps and Data Marketing, as well as Corey Sanders, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Cloud for Industry and Global Expansion Team, for a panel discussion and gain key insights into why industry matters to Microsoft and how it enables organizations to unleash value quickly, build for the future, and exceed expectations. You will also learn ways you can get started on your industry cloud journey.
- The Industrial Metaverse—Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 10:25 AM to 10:45 AM PT. Businesses and technologists around the world are struggling to define the Metaverse and what their role will be in it. In this keynote, Judson Althoff, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, will distinguish how Microsoft is thinking about the phenomenon for consumers, businesses, and industries. He will share our vision for the Industrial Metaverse, making the construct real and bringing it to life with customer stories.
- Healthcare—Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 3:00 PM to 3:35 PM PT. The Experience Transformation: Free up time to focus on the things that matter with Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare
- Financial Services—Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 3:00 PM to 3:25 PM PT. Unlock innovation and reduce risk with the Microsoft Cloud for Financial Services
- Retail—Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 3:00 PM to 3:35 PM PT. Optimize your customer shopping experience with Microsoft Cloud for Retail
- Nonprofit—Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 10:00 AM to 10:35 AM PT. Utilize Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit and other new solutions to enhance the impact of nonprofit and international development orgs
- Manufacturing—Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 1:00 PM to 1:20 PM PT. Improve factory visibility and decision-making with Microsoft Cloud for Manufacturing
- Sustainability—Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM PT. Accelerate your sustainability progress and business growth with Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability
- Industrial Metaverse—Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM PT. Jumpstart your physical operations transformation with technologies built for the Industrial Metaverse
- Microsoft Cloud for Sovereignty—Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM PT. Microsoft Cloud for Sovereignty and the Expansion of Azure Confidential Computing
- Energy: Transform the energy industry with innovative partnerships and technology solutions for a sustainable future
- Defense and Intelligence: Digital Engineering for defense and intelligence mission success
- Government: Accelerating security innovation for governments with the intelligent cloud
- Sustainability: How to tailor Microsoft Sustainability Manager to fit your business needs
Start your journey
Along with each session, participants can learn more about how to get started on their unique Microsoft Cloud for industries journey. Microsoft Ignite 2022 is both virtual and in-person, offering many opportunities to network with peers or just see old friends. Start now with our Connection Zone to build your profile and make a contact list.
We at Microsoft are continuously innovating and evolving our industry cloud solutions to meet the needs of our customers and are very excited to showcase the power of having an industry-focused approach at Microsoft Ignite. Microsoft Ignite 2022 is a chance for us to reaffirm our commitment to serving our customers across all industries and demonstrate our commitment to equipping them with the most innovative tools and technologies in the industry.
Learn more about Microsoft Cloud for industries.