The healthcare industry is undergoing an enormous transformation. This transformation is being driven by one core idea; expectations of patient care and wellness are changing. Technology is enabling healthcare organizations to reimagine how care is delivered and managed for the long term. From delivering highly personalized patient experiences and empowering care teams to coordinate care and collaborate in real-time to optimizing data insights for improving operations and clinical protocols, to protecting health information, data governance, and trust on a continuous basis.
As the world is evolving around us, healthcare organizations are adapting, shifting, and evolving. And while the challenges are real, so are the opportunities. Our goal at Microsoft is to empower every organization on the planet to achieve more by providing you with the tools to digitally and culturally transform your healthcare organization. Addressing the challenges healthcare organizations are facing can be tied back to five transformational scenarios:
- Enable personalized care. Healthcare starts and ends with the patient. Your patients and members expect more from their health and wellness than ever before, and those expectations are growing. Intelligent, omnichannel tools will enable you to deliver highly personalized experiences and support from care teams anytime, anywhere.
- Empower care teams. When your care teams have the right tools and secure, patient information at their fingertips, amazing things can happen. Care teams can coordinate in real-time; they can accelerate decision making and remove process inefficiencies. Arming your care teams with the right tools and data can help improve patient outcomes well into the future.
- Improve operational outcomes. Harnessing clinical and operational data increases the knowledge and insight of providers, payors, and administrators. When you can use data to reduce process latency and redundancy, orchestrate integrated operations across clinical and administrative teams, it means you get closer to reducing cost of care and improving care access across your communities.
- Protect health information. The secure and compliant storage, use, and movement of sensitive health data is the cornerstone of trust in healthcare and protecting patient privacy. Good data governance supports good stewardship and compliance, which in turn helps reduce fraud, waste, and abuse. It can improve quality of care and earns the trust of patients and healthcare professionals.
- Reimagine healthcare. It’s time to drive clinical innovation, build new insights and advance value-based care. There are no boundaries to where emerging technologies like AI, IoT, mixed reality, and predictive analytics can do today to equip your organization to support better insights and shape the future of population health.
These five ideas make up the heart of digital transformation of healthcare organizations worldwide. Supported by our global partner ecosystem, we are committed to empowering organizations to become more agile, transform their culture, and achieve transformational outcomes, as seen with our customers such as St. Luke’s University Health Network, Tandem Diabetes Care, Providence St. Joseph Health, Humana, and British Heart Foundation.
To learn more, watch this new short video or download The Digital Healthcare Playbook to see how Microsoft helps healthcare organizations achieve better experience, better insights, and better care.