In a data-first world, healthcare organizations depend on their ability to gain and access insights from data. Helping our customers to digitally transform means breaking down the silos for data flow across the continuum of care. Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare partners are helping these organizations and frontline healthcare workers to create a connected care experience for their patients, employees, and communities that broadens the value of their existing Microsoft investments.
One year after we announced the general availability of Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare we continue to invest in building a solution that our customers and partners can extend and customize to meet their specific needs and business processes. In our latest Wave 2 release announcement, those investments are making it easier to create personalized patient experiences, give health teams connected collaboration tools, and adopt data standards important to healthcare. Now health systems can use AI that combines multiple sources to give full visibility into data, relieve administrative burden, and improve process and workflow automation to create actionable insights that deliver better care faster and at a lower cost.
Today, I am pleased to share the latest solutions from our Microsoft partners and how they are helping health systems innovate faster to create better experiences, insights, and care well into the future.
Helping customers build and extend Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare
For the last several years, Microsoft has worked with leading Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and System Integrator (SI) partners to develop within the Microsoft Cloud. Utilizing the strength of the Microsoft Cloud, our partners are dedicated to serving customers by providing integrated healthcare solutions that extend the core Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare capabilities and identify new opportunities for innovation. Our partners help support health systems to fully customize these capabilities to each customer’s unique environment and business processes.
Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare capabilities provide enhanced experiences and personalized care, as well as focus surrounding developed workflow systems in care coordination, remote patient monitoring, operational analytics and as always, our cloud is built on a foundation of security and compliance.
System integrators (SI) specialize in creating a connected experience across your clinical and healthcare data subsystems that make it easier and faster to automate workflows and improve process management. Our SI partners will help customers further build upon, extend, and enable Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare in a connected experience to unlock new revenue and services opportunities such as organizational change management, functional implementation, last-mile configuration, and customization to health systems’ environment.
Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare partners provide unique services, solutions, and global scale to deploy and tailor Microsoft Cloud technologies to the dynamic healthcare ecosystem. They help healthcare organizations to navigate the people-side of digital transformation. If you would like to learn more about the breadth of capabilities delivered through our network of Microsoft Partners, visit Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare App Source.
Highlights for Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare partners
Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare enables healthcare organizations to quickly build applications, define and customize processes and experiences to manage clinical communications, appointments, patient encounters, and care team coordination. The application allows greater ease and flexibility in building unique solutions on top of a fully aligned and integration-ready health data model that is made available through Microsoft Dataverse.
This health data model helps healthcare organizations to create experiences to keep the patient at the center—that is essential to provide personalized patient engagement by healthcare providers.
Our most recent updates to the Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare include new experiences with virtual visits, improvements to enhance patient engagement, interoperability, empowering health team collaboration, improving clinical and operational insights, and protecting health information.
New enhanced patient view of data as part of our Patient Insights:
- Partners can leverage and build on the enhanced patient view to allow providers to quickly see relevant patient information as part of patient engagement. Microsoft Power Apps, our low-code platform, will enable providers and partners to view entire scenarios and workflows to tailor customer experiences.
- Services offered by partners, such as Patient Service Center, provide the ability for multiple records to be cross-linked and ease navigation with patient data. This also highlights the benefits of Azure Healthcare APIs.
Virtual health now offers:
- Partners can integrate Microsoft Forms into Microsoft Bookings prior to appointments.
- Microsoft Teams will no longer need to be downloaded for patients to join their visit with our new Mobile Brower capability.
- A new Electronic Health Record (EHR) system connector that when utilized by partners with our cloud services, helps patients and providers launch virtual visits. This connection will also include the Cerner PowerChart for private, multi-participant virtual visits.
Care Team Collaboration:
- A new waiting room provides frontline workers to preview all visits, wait times, missed appointments, staffing delays, and send SMS or email reminders directly from the queue.
- Cloud offerings will expand to other countries besides the United States, including the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Australia with solutions now being available in French, German, and Dutch languages.
- New Industry Cloud Solution Center Experience allows partners to help customers orchestrate their deployment through the Industry Cloud Solution Center.
- Enhanced commitment to ISV and SI partners through our engineering team working with partners across the ecosystem to extend solutions and support new partner opportunities.
Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare provides growth opportunities for partners
This past year partners have been part of our preview to evaluate, build upon, test, and be readied to support enterprise and mid-market customers. We’re excited to continue our investments and empower our partners to rapidly innovate and provide new growth opportunities for their businesses. That innovation has helped our healthcare customers respond to the ongoing challenges of the pandemic and is foundational for the future of healthcare.
With our recent release updates, partners have greater ease and flexibility in building unique applications to respond with new and sometimes, groundbreaking solutions. Now more than ever, the healthcare industry needs innovative, diverse, and transformative solutions to deliver equitable and high-quality healthcare, provide better patient outcomes, and extend both with global scale and cost-effectiveness. We are honored that so many partners trust Microsoft to be their platform partner.
Are you a partner ready to continue the transformation of healthcare? Delve into the Microsoft Partner program and explore how we help your organization grow and scale. Or reach out to your Microsoft Partner Development Manager to learn about the additional resources and how you can enable the next generation of patient care with Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare.