Cumulative Update 8 (CU8) for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 is now available on CustomerSource and PartnerSource. CU8 includes many new features, as well as regulatory updates and hotfixes, so check it out!
What’s included in CU8
CU8 for AX 2012 R3 includes:
- New features: CU8 includes several new features that have been made to modules and other areas of AX 2012 R3. To learn more about these new features, see What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 cumulative update 8.
- Application hotfixes: CU8 includes over one thousand application hotfixes. To see a list of the application hotfixes, see the CU8 download page.
- Binary hotfixes: CU8 includes over one hundred binary hotfixes. To see a list of the binary hotfixes, see the CU8 download page.
- Country-specific updates: CU8 includes several regulatory updates for specific countries/regions. To see a list of the country-specific updates, see the CU8 download page. To learn more about these updates, see What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 cumulative update 8.
How to install CU8
To get started with your installation of CU8, complete these steps:
- Review the System Requirements to make sure that your environment supports CU8.
- Download CU8 from the Hotfix Download Available section on the CU8 download page.
- Install CU8 by following the step-by-step instructions in the Installation Guide for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Cumulative Update 8.
To help you better understand the CU8 installation, you may also want to see the following
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 update experience
- How to merge code automatically after applying an update in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Help and how-to content
Product documentation for AX 2012 (including all versions and cumulative updates) is available on TechNet.
For more information about all versions of AX 2012, see the following resources:
- Help and Resources Datasheet for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Official Dynamics AX 2012 Content blog post on Inside Dynamics AX
The known issues in CU8 can be found by using the Issue search tool in Lifecycle Services. You can log in to Lifecycle Services using your CustomerSource or PartnerSource account, and then in the Issue search box, enter “CU8 known issue”. (NOTE: Be sure to enter “CU8 known issue”, otherwise you’ll get different search results.)
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!