By 2022, the business applications market will reach USD 125 billion—a 43 percent increase from 2018—with independent software vendors (ISVs) projected to drive 57 percent of the business applications business*. To help position our ISV partners for success, we are introducing a modernized ISV program that provides technical, marketing and sales benefits to help accelerate app delivery and customer acquisition.
Launching in July, the Business Applications ISV program provides new and improved development tools and guidance, marketplace resources, joint field engagement processes, and go-to-market support to drive business growth. The program is built on a revenue sharing model that offers reinvestment in ISVs through new technical, marketing, and sales enablement benefits. We’ve included actions you should take—including an information webinar session on April 23—to help you prepare for the new opportunities ahead.
One of the big changes to the ISV program is the way we ensure customers are offered only the highest-quality and secure apps. With this new program, Microsoft is ensuring only certified applications are part of the ISV ecosystem, and we will be providing the guidance and resources needed to help our valued ISV partners meet the requirements.
When the program launches in mid-July 2019, all cloud-based Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement apps, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations apps (except Dynamics 365 Business Central), and PowerApps must enroll in the program and be listed in AppSource upon certification (or recertification).
ISV Focused Engineering
- Self-Service quality check for app certification – ISVs can independently verify that apps they are building for Dynamics 365 Customer Experience and PowerApps can run seamlessly through the AppSource onboarding process and get certified without delay. Going forward, all new apps will need to be certified and existing apps will need to be recertified periodically to keep them up to date.
- ISV Studio – ISVs who have published Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement apps or PowerApps to AppSource can enjoy the benefits of a new ISV-centric Studio experience. The ISV Studio is critical in providing SaaS-like experiences to our partner ecosystem and providing ISVs with a consolidated view into how their apps are performing across their installed base.
App Ingestion & Marketplace
Sales & Marketing
The new program has been designed to invest in the success of our ISV partners by funding sales and marketing benefits. Some of the benefits available (depending on an ISV’s tier) include co-sell ready materials, a Microsoft case study, a 20-30 second commercial, PR support, tele-sales campaign, workshops, marketing tools and more.
For ISVs that connect with multiple product groups at Microsoft, we are simplifying the way you engage with Microsoft contacts and resources, helping you to more easily find resources and guidance when you need it.
Supporting this alignment will be dedicated to partner development managers and technical support roles who are deep in the Dynamics 365 and PowerApps businesses. ISVs focused on industry verticals will also benefit from being connected to our industry teams which will provide a deeper reach into key companies in these industries.
Join the April 23 webinar for details about the program
- Sign up for email updates to stay current on the program
- Read about the program model, benefits, and recertification
- Register for one of the two the readiness webinars on Tuesday, April 23rd:
- Assess your applications to get prepared for recertification process
As always, we value the partnership and look forward to working together to serve our joint customers and to grow the Business Applications opportunity.
*Based on internal research commissioned by Microsoft
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!