Reconfigure Microsoft Dynamics Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365: Update the SDK to stop the reference to ACS
With the deprecation of Azure Access Control Service (ACS), you should modify the SDK authentication code by removing all references to ACS. Effective from versions Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update 1 (v8.1.1) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (v8.2), we removed Live ID support and ACS dependencies on the server-side. It is required to update the references in all client side components by updating the SDK.
Verify the <Connector Installation Directory>\Adapters\ Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Crm2011 directory and right click and select properties on Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.DLL. Click on Details section. If the File Version shows 8.0 or lower, then you need to perform the workaround.
With the latest release of Dynamics 365 you need to take the following steps to be able to connect to Connector for integrating data:
1. Download the latest Dynamics 365 SDK.
2. Before replacing the dlls in the next two steps you may want to make copies of them.
3. Replace Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Proxy.dll from the <Connector installation directory> with the dll of the same name found in the SDK installation
4. Replace Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.dll from the <Connector installation directory>\Adapters\Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Crm2011 directory with the dll of the same name found in the SDK installation
5. Redirect the dependent Xrm Sdk assemblies from version 22.214.171.124 to version 126.96.36.199 by updating or adding the following xml tags to these connector configuration files; these files can be found in the <Connector installation directory>
<configuration> <runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="188.8.131.52" newVersion="184.108.40.206"/> </dependentAssembly> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Proxy" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="220.127.116.11" newVersion="18.104.22.168"/> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding> </runtime> </configuration>
6. Shutdown all Connector applications
7. Restart the Connector Service
8. Restart Connector Client application
9. Attempt CRM configuration again. You should able to see the list of available entities when configuring organizations.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!