On October 15, 2019, a change will be made to improve the reliability and performance of the Business Applications Discovery service used by the Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement mobile applications for iOS:
- Dynamics 365 for phones (for iPhone)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (for iPad)
Older versions of these applications will no longer be able to reach the Business Applications Discovery service, which will result in an empty app list within the iOS application.
What should I do?
You should update to the latest version of the app before October 15, 2019.
- If you have Automatic Updates enabled on your iOS device, the application will be updated automatically.
- If you do not have Automatic Updates enabled, you need to manually update the application from the App Store.
- If your company manages the applications on your device using Microsoft Intune, please contact your system administrator and refer them to this article.
Which versions are affected?
Versions of the iOS applications between 13.19022.10 (released February 2019) and 13.19081.22 (released August 2019) are affected and must be updated to at least version 13.19091.20 (released September 2019).
Note: the Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets applications for Android are not affected.
Technical details for system administrators
On October 15, 2019, the Business Applications Discovery service endpoint is migrating from https://management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppDiscovery to https://api.businessappdiscovery.microsoft.com/providers/Microsoft.BusinessAppDiscovery.
Dynamics 365 mobile applications since version 13.19091.20 are compatible with this change, but earlier versions must be updated to continue working.
Please ensure that:
- The new endpoint is not blocked by your firewall (see documentation).
- Your Dynamics 365 instance is configured to support TLS 1.2 (a security requirement of modern versions of the applications).
- All of your users update to application version 13.19091.20 or later.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding this change, please contact Dynamics 365 Mobile Support.