Unified Service Desk for model-driven apps provides a configurable framework that allows you to build applications that give call center agents a unified view of customer data.
Unified Service Desk version 4.2, generally available since June, enables you to host web applications using Microsoft Edge WebView2 Process based on the Chromium open-source framework, as well as delivering improved performance and other enhancements.
With support for Microsoft Edge WebView2, Unified Service Desk admins have these capabilities:
- Ability to select WebView2 Process as the hosting type for their organization.
- Ability to select WebView2 Process as the hosting type for web applications, along with Chrome Process.
In addition, Microsoft Edge WebView2 Process delivers:
- Availability on supported versions of the Windows operating system.
- Easy configuration of host applications in Unified Service Desk.
- Ability to switch seamlessly from one browser to another for your entire organization.
- Enhanced performance and memory optimization.
To learn more, check out the Unified Service Desk documentation or the Microsoft Edge WebView2 documentation. To use the capabilities, download and install or update Unified Service Desk 4.2.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!