Our goal for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is to help organizations digitally transform by bringing together people, data, and processes. To deliver even greater value to our customers, we continue to make significant organic investments in this product. In addition, we look for opportunities to acquire strategic solutions to help accelerate innovation. In line with this strategy, I’m excited to announce Microsoft has acquired the rights to offer Dynaway’s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and will be making it available natively within Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, supported by Microsoft.
The EAM solution will make it easier for customers to plan and predict asset maintenance. The end result is that you can maximize the lifespan of assets and reduce costs and production downtime, all of which drives efficiencies in maintenance planning, execution, and analysis. Some of the key EAM capabilities customers will see in Dynamics 365 include:
- Asset tracking to track asset hierarchies and their locations and manage the complete lifecycle of the asset.
- Preventive maintenance for tracking, managing, and monitoring the maintenance needs of an asset based on the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Predictive maintenance uses machine learning models to enable preventive maintenance based on EAM data.
- Work order management and scheduling offers the option to plan (automatically or manually) based on key parameters such as worker capacity, availability, or work order criticality.
- Integrated planning combined with production job scheduling helps with decision-making when machine repairs are needed.
- Spare parts tracking to effectively manage inventory.
- Cost control to make it easy to manage the estimated and actual cost of maintenance.
- Out-of-box insights (KPIs) provide a rich set of analytics to measure an asset’s effectiveness using uptime, downtime, repairs, mean time between failures, mean time between stops, and mean repair time.
Organizations are moving at an ever-increasing pace towards digital transformation by taking advantage of new and emerging trends such as industrial IoT, AI, mobile, predictive analytics, and mixed reality applications. Assets within these organizations are becoming increasingly interconnected, providing in many cases real-time signals not just about their operations but also about the health of the assets themselves. This combined with deep machine learning, predictive analytics, and mixed reality (MR) is reshaping the future of EAM. With this IP acquisition, our plan is to launch an AI-enhanced, transformative EAM solution by bringing together the best of what Microsoft provides in Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Power BI, IoT, MR applications, and Machine Learning. This EAM solution complements our existing Dynamics 365 for Field Service application that provides a modern, connected solution for organizations that manage assets in customer locations.
The EAM capabilities are targeted for availability in phases starting in our October 2019 release. We encourage our existing customers to join the Insider Program for up-to-date communication on the progress of the EAM integration.
Previously acquired IP rights
In the last year, we’ve also acquired IP license rights for the solutions listed below from Armanino LLC, Sable37, Tyler Technologies, Blue Horseshoe, and Fullscope. We are currently working to make these capabilities available in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Revenue Recognition Management (Armanino) provides automation to help accounting and finance professionals comply with the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 15 and Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 606. These capabilities handle deferred revenue, recognition schedules, subscriptions and renewals, and forecasting and reporting.
- Enterprise Credit Management (Sable37) offers capabilities to automate the credit control management process for accounting and finance professionals. This solution automatically suggests credit limits based on user-definable risk scores and enforces the credit limits with configurable blocking rules, which help reduce bad debt and improve cash flow.
- Tyler Insight Extensions (Tyler Technologies) is a host of Public Sector enhancements including reporting and inquiries, encumbrance, budgeting, and vendor collaboration.
- Advanced Warehouse and Transportation Management Capabilities (Blue Horseshoe) provides a rich set of capabilities to enhance enterprises with warehouse and transportation needs. These capabilities focus on inventory management, inbound logistics, and outbound logistics.
- Catch Weight (Blue Horseshoe and Fullscope) is a solution that enables catch weight capabilities to help address the needs of distributors and manufacturers.
I hope you’re as excited as we are to leverage these new capabilities in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations that will help you digitally transform and grow your business. These are just a few of the new capabilities among many others that we are organically building into the core product. As always, for the most current information, please refer to our Release Notes.
- Learn how Microsoft is a leader in the Nucleus Research: ERP Technology Value Matrix 2018
- Explore the 2019 Finance Trends Report that will change finance and the role of the CFO
- Understand the 2019 Manufacturing Trends Report that will revolutionize manufacturing