Services success = superior project experiences + accelerated project delivery + empowered employees + maximized profitability
Today’s project-based services businesses operate in a highly competitive market, where winning new deals, accelerating project delivery, and increasing profit margins are significant challenges. Teams within these organizations are using disconnected systems for sales, project management, collaboration, and financials when success in this highly competitive environment requires unifying teams around actionable data.
Today we’re announcing a new Dynamics 365 application that unifies operational workflows to provide the visibility, collaboration, and insight needed to drive success across teams, from prospects to payments. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations connects your teams from initial quote to project accounting within a single application to win more deals, accelerate delivery, empower employees, and maximize profitability. This application brings together capabilities from our existing Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation, Microsoft Project for the web and project management accounting within Dynamics 365 Finance into a seamlessly integrated offering.
As we see phenomenal growth in the services economy, bringing together these products is key to our vision. We’re very excited for the innovation Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers to our customers looking for a unified solution to run their project-centric business.
Delivering project success
Everything you need to run your operations, from quote to project accounting, is all in one application.
- Leaders get business insights to increase visibility across all teams, data, and processes, plus AI capabilities for better, faster business decisions.
- Sales is enabled to win more deals and accelerate the sales cycle with fast, accurate quotes, flexible pricing, and seamless transitions from estimate to execution. Connect with Dynamics 365 Sales for comprehensive customer relationship management.
- Resourcing is setup to optimize resource utilization by aligning the right people with the right skills to the right projects, improving quality and helping to retain top performers.
- Project managers can accelerate project delivery with state-of-the-art, built-in project management that uses familiar, easy-to-use Microsoft Project capabilities.
- Team members can improve productivity, collaboration, and visibility with integration to Microsoft Teams, as well as submit time and expenses from anywhere.
- Finance can simplify project accounting with time and expense tracking governance, project cost, budgeting, invoicing, revenue recognition, compliance, and visibility into key business health metrics such as gross margin and project profitability. Connect with Dynamics 365 Finance for comprehensive financial management.
This new application builds on our depth of expertise and existing applications across all functional pillars of service-based businesses and teams. Powered by the Microsoft Power Platform, we provide customers with an unmatched set of capabilities that enable everyone to analyze, act, and automate across their organization to transform their services-business from the ground up.
It’s powerful on its own, but also expandable by our customers that require additional capabilities from Dynamics 365 including sales, finance, marketing, human resources, customer service and more. Whether you want the additional functionality of another Dynamics 365 application or to add on a custom application built with Microsoft Power Apps, everything works together and works like you expect because they share a common foundation, and the security, privacy, and compliance of a cloud-delivered solution.
Powering better together project success with Microsoft Project
Microsoft’s vision for modern work management is simple; empower teams to work the way they want while enterprises get the results they need. With the introduction of Dynamics 365 Project Operations, we will now include project management capabilities directly in the flow of work for our customers that require end-to-end business workflows and in-depth project accounting with revenue recognition. Building project plans accurately within a business application context allows for timely staffing and precise tracking of project financials.
With this new application, no matter your company size or industry, Microsoft provides innovative, intelligent, and flexible cloud solutions that support organizations who are ready to embrace the future of work and modern work management. Even complex projects are easier to manage when you can choose methods and tools that best suit your needs. From project portfolio management to optimizing end-to-end project operations—we have you covered.
Delivering on our vision
In May 2019, we blogged about the future of Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation to outline our vision of bringing capabilities from Project Service Automation (PSA), Microsoft Project, and the services industry module within Dynamics 365 Finance together in a single application. Dynamics 365 Project Operations delivers on that vision. Our Dynamics 365 Project Services Automation customers will be able to easily update to Dynamics 365 Project Operations soon after it is generally available. A migration path will also be available to our customers that are using the project management accounting (PMA) module within Dynamics 365 Finance. You can read more about this in our community.
Customers evaluating Dynamics 365 Professional Services Automation today should feel comfortable to continue their purchase and implementation of our in-market product, with knowledge of easy migration and license transition to Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
Stay tuned for more information on how to preview Dynamics 365 Project Operations starting in June 2020 and for general availability coming in October 2020. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us on the Project Service Community Yammer channel or via email to Dynamics Project Service External.