Applies to: Dynamics 365 9.0.x and Dynamics 365 8.2.x
We’re pleased to announce the latest update to Resource Scheduling Optimization (v2.0.17335.1). This blog post lists the new capabilities and bug fixes included in this release.
This release is compatible with both Dynamics 365 8.2.x and Dynamics 365 9.0.x. To update to this release, visit the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online, Applications page, to apply the update.
Resource Scheduling Optimization (RSO) engine
- Performance improvements for end-to-end optimization
- Fixed: On Dynamics 365 9.0.x organizations, the Refresh button on the Optimization Request grid on the RSO scope-related schedule board doesn’t refresh the grid
- Fixed: On Dynamics 365 9.0.x organizations, the RSO scope-related schedule board lock icon isn’t showing on Edge
- Fixed: Optimization requested fails with the error message: “System failed to modify some bookings” even though there is no booking being modified during the optimization run
- Fixed: On Dynamics 365 9.0.x organizations, booking details for optimization don’t show unchanged bookings
Deployment app for Resource Scheduling Optimization
- Manual Link step is no longer needed. The admin doesn’t have to explicitly click the Link button after a first-time deployment or when upgrade finishes. The system automatically links the RSO instance to the selected Dynamics 365 organization. In the case where a link fails or or any other exception occurs, the admin can still retry clicking Link.
- Automatic rollback if system upgrade fails. The system automatically performs a rollback to the previous version if an upgrade to a newer version fails.
For more information:
- What’s New for Dynamics 365 Resource Scheduling Optimization v1.5.17284.2 Release
- What’s new in the July 2017 update for Field Service and Project Service Automation
- Use Resource Scheduling Optimization to schedule multiple booking requirements on a recurring basis
- Scheduling anything in Dynamics 365 with Universal Resource Scheduling
- What’s new in Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service – User’s Guide
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation – User’s Guide
Dynamics 365, Field & Project Service Team