[URGENT ACTION REQUIRED] Potential issues with logging into Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations on-premises environment
[Content updated as of 10/08/2018]
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations on-premises deployments integrate with Microsoft Skype to enable real-time presence and communications for your users. On October 17, 2018, Skype will no longer support Finance and Operations on-premises deployment users.
After October 17, 2018, you can no longer sign in to your Finance and Operations on-premises deployment unless you turn off Skype integration.
Turn off Skype integration for Finance and Operations on-premises deployments
- Sign in to Finance and Operations.
- Click System administration > Setup > Client performance options.
- In the Client internet connectivity section, set the Skype presence enabled to No. If this option is not available for you, you must update your platform to one of the following platform versions that support turning off Skype integration.
- Platform update 12 with KB4091763
- Platform update 13 or later
To update to a platform version that supports turning off Skype integration
- Sign in to lcs.dynamics.com, select your project, and click Full details on your environment on the Environments
- Click the Platform binary updates tile and click Save Package. Select the KB associated with your platform version.
- Click Save Package and then select a name for the package in the asset library. Save the package and then select Done.The package is now ready in the project’s asset library and a servicing operation can be completed with the saved package. For more information, see Apply updates to on-premises deployments.
Frequently asked questions
When will Microsoft Skype stop supporting Finance and Operations on-premises deployment users?
Microsoft Skype will stop supporting Finance and Operations on-premises deployment users beginning October 17, 2018.
Can’t I just un-install Skype?
The Microsoft Skype integration is not provided by your local Skype application. You can keep using Skype on your computer. Uninstalling Skype will not fix this issue. To fix this issue, you must set the Skype presence enabled option in your Finance and Operations on-premises deployment to No.
Can you expedite my update request?
If you’ve requested an update to your on-premises environment, work with Microsoft Support to move your update forward.
Why do I need to update my platform? Can’t I just get an update or hotfix?
Some versions of the platform no longer offer hotfix updates. You’ll need to update your platform to a version that supports turning off Skype Integration.
Do I have to update all of my client machines?
The platform update is for your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations host service. Client machines do not need to be updated.
Under “Client Performance Options” I don’t see any options for Skype.
This means that the platform version that you are using needs to be updated. Refer to the “To update to a platform version that supports turning off Skype Integration” section of this email for steps.
How do I know if Skype presence is turned off?
Refer to the “Turn off Skype integration for Finance and Operations on-premises deployments” section of this email and ensure that the Skype presence enabled option is set to No.
If you have additional questions, please contact Microsoft Support. Support can be found on the Project page in LCS.dynamics.com under Support on the Project menu.