We’re excited to announce the first update to Dynamics 365 Layout! This update (version 104.1810.26001) is entirely focused on features requested by our customers.
We heard from many of you that you would like to have the ability to use basic measurement tools for more effective space planning. With the new Layout Measurement mode, you can:
- Place measurements on walls, ceilings, or floors. Snap the measurement to the edge or corner of the walls.
- View measurements that were previously saved, select them, and delete them (if desired).
- Show or hide measurements using a toggle option in settings.
- Switch the measurement unit between metric and imperial.
- Get Information on the margin of error for a given measurement (accurate to 1% margin of error).
Reduced hologram drift
We heard from many of you that hologram precision is very important during space planning, and that you observed issues with holograms drifting after being placed. We added optimizations to Layout to address this issue.
This update includes the following performance enhancements:
- Reduces CPU utilization by removing unused components.
- Reduces memory overhead from measurements.
- Reduces memory allocations across the app.
See your ideas come to life in an update by sharing your ideas