Did you ever wish to perform all these operations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM using PowerShell:
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete records in CRM
- Manage CRM security by adding/managing users, teams, and their roles
- Import and export CRM solutions
- Manage user and system settings
While some of it was possible earlier using the official CRM PowerShell cmdlets, it required using multiple PowerShell snap-ins.
Introducing Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM, created by Kenichiro Nakamura and Sean McNellis, which provides you a single PowerShell module with over 60 PowerShell functions to perform data operations in CRM and manipulate user and system settings. The module is built using the Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnector.PowerShell snap-in, and the two XRM Tooling PowerShell cmdlets (Get-CrmOrganizations and Get-CrmConnection) are also part of this module.
The Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM works with CRM online and CRM 2013 and later (on-premises). To use this module, you require PowerShell 4.0 or later.
After you have downloaded and imported the Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module on your computer:
- Use the following command to display a list of functions available in the module:
- The PowerShell functions in the module come with in-built help to enable you to use these functions effectively. Use the following command to get detailed help on a function (say Import-CrmSolution):
Get-Help Import-CrmSolution -Detailed
For detailed information about the module, and how to import and use it, see Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM.
We look forward to your feedback, and will be adding more PowerShell functions in the coming days.
Kenichiro Nakamura, Sr. Premier Mission Critical Specialist, is based out of Japan and works supporting PMC customers.
Sean McNellis, Sr. Premier Field Engineer, is based out of North America and works supporting Dynamics CRM customers.
Blog (English): http://blogs.msdn.com/CrmInTheField
Blog (Japanese): http://blogs.msdn.com/CrmJapan