Today we’re announcing the release of the new Dynamics 365 Customer Service digital messaging offering. This new digital messaging offering expands and unifies the core capabilities of Omnichannel for Customer Service. With digital messaging, you’re able to further empower contact centers to provide seamless, more personalized customer service across a wide range of channels. Combining a variety of digital add-ons into one end-to-end offering, digital messaging expands the options for how your agents engage customers, including:
- Chat for Dynamics 365 Customer Service
- SMS (requires additional TeleSign agreement)
- Microsoft Bot Framework integration
- Facebook Messenger, available today in preview*
In addition to these engagement channels, we’ve included real-time sentiment tracking, which now supports more than 40 languages. We’ve included seamless escalation support from bot to live agent with the agent receiving complete context of the existing conversation, so the customer never has to repeat information they’ve already shared. Plus, we’ve included access to future digital messaging channels within Omnichannel for Customer Service.
The channel of choice
Omnichannel for Customer Service is a configurable, high-productivity interface that extends the power of Dynamics 365 Customer Service. It provides contextual customer identification, real-time notifications, integrated communications, and agent productivity tools, including knowledgebase integration, search, and case creation. With our new digital messaging offering, customers can contact support organizations via their channel of choice, while simultaneously arming agents with a true 360-degree view of the customer journey and the tools needed to deliver a quick resolution that is consistent across all channels of engagement.
We’re just getting started
In addition to launching this new offering, I’m also pleased to announce additional capabilities coming to Dynamics 365 Customer Service over the next few months:
- Agent-facing bots that can help agents resolve issues faster by providing quick responses based on conversation context, knowledge article suggestions to share, or suggestions on the next best action the agent can take to resolve the issue.
- Skills-based routing will ensure conversations are routed to the best-fit agent available, based on a specific agent’s area of expertise. This ensures the right agent with the right skills is quickly resolving customer issues.
- Macros will enable agents to automate routine responses or repetitive tasks with a single click, such as updating a field, sending acknowledgment emails or performing session wrap-up activities.
- Agent scripts will help agents accelerate issue resolution, ensure regulatory compliance, and deliver a consistent customer experience. Organizations can create scripts to provide step-by-step guidance to agents and then automate the steps based on session type.
- Unified entity routing and auto-assignment enables customers who have implemented custom entities to route and automatically assign those activities to agents.
At Microsoft, we’re investing in customer service to enable you to consistently deliver world class customer care. From agent productivity tools to AI-enabled apps, we’re innovating to help you earn customers for life. With our latest omnichannel capabilities available through our new digital messaging offering, customers can receive the seamless, personalized support they expect across any number of channels and agents.
Stay tuned. There’s much more to come.
*This feature is a preview, which means that it is made available to you before general availability so you can test and evaluate the preview and provide feedback to Microsoft. This preview may employ reduced or different privacy, security, or compliance commitments than a commercial version. As such, this preview is not meant to be used with any “live” or production Customer Data, Personal Data, or other data that is subject to heightened compliance requirements. Any use of “live” data is at your sole risk and it is your sole responsibility to notify your end users that they should not include sensitive information with their use of the preview. This preview, and any support Microsoft may elect to provide, is provided “as-is,” “with all faults,” “as available,” and without warranty. This preview is subject to the Preview Terms.