Companies need accurate sales forecasts to keep on track to meet quarterly and annual revenue goals.
In Dynamics 365 Sales 2021 release wave 1, sellers can now clone an existing forecast when they need to make edits, and gain immediate clarity on revenue scenarios. The existing forecast remains intact while you configure different scenarios quickly and seamlessly.
This enhancement helps you plan for upcoming periods, when a few simple tweaks to the scheduling timeframe in an existing forecast will give you the insights you need.
Cloning not only eliminates repetitive data entry, but it also helps prevent forecasting errors.
With forecast cloning, these capabilities are now available:
- Change the rollup and hierarch entities and their relationship.
- Change the top of the hierarchy.
- Change the timeframe of a forecast.
- Change the hierarchy entity and user lookup field that defines who can access each record of the forecast.
- Change a forecast category option set, add columns, or modify columns.
- Add or modify filters that limit the data which drives the forecast.
For more information, read how to bring predictability to your revenue pipeline.
- Check out the documentation for more information about forecasting in Dynamics 365 Sales.
- Read more on how to easily clone a forecast.
- Learn how to configure forecasts in your organization.